Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Nook owners outside of the American continent

Does anyone own a Nook outside of the American continent?
Can you comment on what it is like to own one outside of the American continent?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Does anyone own a Nook outside of the American continent?
Can you comment on what it is like to own one outside of the American continent?
Well, I own a Nook Color in Germany, but I bought it in California and brought it back with me. Since I primarily use it as a cheap Android tablet with CM7, there is nothing very different about the ownership experience here or in California. I usually buy my books from BoB or Amazon, using an American credit card. I free them before reading, so I have my choice of Android reading apps. With a VPN into San Francisco there have been no book access problems.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
I have both the nook and nookcolor and have no problems with the units, I get all firmware updates. When I wish to buy a book or subscribe to a magazine I use my desktop computer and an IP masking service.

I then can download the items to my readers. With the rooted nookcolor you can use alwaysVPN on that and buy direct (but I rather use my desktop computer)

to be honest I don't see many limitations at all..
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote