Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Good news! ADB now detects the IQ. We just need to find the right permissions to access it.

I am sure we can figure out a way to push/pull stuff in there soon enough
Thanks to asjogren with his tip
we can use more or less the same method .

edit: Just to be clear, I had to manually pick the usb driver (USB Virtualization Connector Driver)

Last edited by RezzZ; 12-17-2010 at 07:24 PM.
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
Thanks to asjogren with his tip
we can use more or less the same method .

edit: Just to be clear, I had to manually pick the usb driver (USB Virtualization Connector Driver)
I am impressed. And to say I have been reading intensively for a week to get anything done...

Are you doing this with Windows? I am using Linux so I guess it would be different.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #18
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
I am impressed. And to say I have been reading intensively for a week to get anything done...

Are you doing this with Windows? I am using Linux so I guess it would be different.
yes, windows 7 ultimate x64 to be exact

I couldn't have done it without all these nice apps and if you know how to do it it's quite easy... took me a bit longer to figure it out though :O
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #19
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
yes, windows 7 ultimate x64 to be exact

I couldn't have done it without all these nice apps and if you know how to do it it's quite easy... took me a bit longer to figure it out though :O
No kidding! I was getting close to some kind of solution but you bet me to it and yours was much easier

So, do you have market working on it now?

And, for those interested, the microSD card in the IQ is very easy to remove and to replace... I am sure you could easily replace it by a bigger, faster card.

Take a look:

It is easy to remove the back cover and get access to it.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #20
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
You guys are quite awesome. This was one of the reasons I bought the IQ; so I could learn how to do all this.

One question: If and when I mess up everything, is there a way to get it back to default so I can start over again?
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
Icewyng
Addict

The easiest way would be to go to Settings/Privacy/Factory Reset. Of course, you will lose all the apps and settings you have on your IQ so better back up!

I can now communicate with the IQ with ADB on Linux. I will try to put a quick guide to help those who would like to do it. It involves setting up the USB to see the device and then use ADB to see the device. It is easy... once you know how to do it! I can now also see the device under Eclipse with the ADT plugin. That should make things so much easier!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
While I don't understand everything written here, this is an awesome thread
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #23
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
yes you can
with Root Explorer you can go into the /system/media/audio/ringtones folder and remove all
I tried that, but I am not granted permission to delete them. What have I forgotten to do ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #24
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I tried that, but I am not granted permission to delete them. What have I forgotten to do ?
Press the MOUNT R/W button in top of the Root Explorer to give yourself ReadWrite permission. If that still doesn't work you can longpress the file itself and go there to permissions and check it all.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
This all sounds like fun.
But I'm the lazy sort: I'll wait for 2.2 to come out before venturing into these lands.
But don't let that stop you, oh valiant pioneers. I'm right behind you... three miles back.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #26
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Just so you know: Z4ROOT does work with Froyo too ^^
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #27
Icewyng
Addict

For those of you who would be tempted to install google apps with the NookColor method... Do NOT do it! Something in there makes it hang up at the startup white screen and it won't go to boot.

Just wait until we find another way to do it
Old 12-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
For those of you who would be tempted to install google apps with the NookColor method... Do NOT do it! Something in there makes it hang up at the startup white screen and it won't go to boot.

Thanks. I started working on this last night but could not get pass the installation of the usb driver for the IQ ... so I went to bed.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
Icewyng
Addict

What happens is that the white screen loads, blinks and the IQ stays stuck on it, while doing 2 clicking sounds every few seconds. It must be some modification that's causing it to be stuck. I have tried ADB reboot several times without success.

I have unplugged my battery to be able to turn off the IQ since the power button would not respond. I will have to look into the logcat to see what is going on. I have seen that some processes died during bootup so It has to have something to do with this.

If you really want to try something, I would go with this: Not Ugly market fix for PDN since the hardware is closer to ours than the NookColor.

PS: Ok, I was able to run Logcat and this is what I get:

dalvikvm Error: Unable to find decl for native Landroid/os/power; setCpufreqState (Z)I

any help would be appreciated. Thank god I got Eclipse set up

Last edited by Icewyng; 12-19-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #30
Ternover
Enthusiast
Ternover began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302, IQ, Archos 70IT
Quote:

I read that the Archos tablets recently updated to android 2.2 and have an apk that gives them full access to the market. The apk might help in finding the way for the IQ.
Ternover is offline   Reply With Quote