Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #16
wheatfree
wheatfree doesn't litterwheatfree doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel
Actually, FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Laputa, and Aldiko all support ODPS, so you can start the content server in calibre and download the files directly into the individual reader apps through their network settings on your android device. I've done this with all 4 of those apps, so I know it can be done. Once you get it set up, it's easy to use, but the setup can be a bear until you know what you're doing.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #17
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
It may seem like I'm not answering the specifics of the original poster's second request. What I'm doing is giving something so much broader, more akin to the first request.

The specific request was e-books from Calibre on a PC to Aldiko on a smartphone. What I gave was the potential for any file on a PC to be moved to any kind of device anywhere in the world--and it's not software-specific to just Calibre and Aldiko, nor Android for that matter. This is such a universal tool that it's valuable for people to at least consider it alongside a specific application. It's quite possible--even more than likely--that people have never even heard of such a service.

It's opportunistic on my part, but anyone using those links gets 10x the benefit I do. I'm also the kind of person that enjoys telling people about products and services that I find extremely useful--not to mention recommending good books that I've read. I've even been known to make a book recommendation that wasn't always within the parameters of the original request, but which may be a good fit for the one asking for suggestions.
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
It may seem like I'm not answering the specifics of the original poster's second request. What I'm doing is giving something so much broader, more akin to the first request.

The specific request was e-books from Calibre on a PC to Aldiko on a smartphone. What I gave was the potential for any file on a PC to be moved to any kind of device anywhere in the world--and it's not software-specific to just Calibre and Aldiko, nor Android for that matter. This is such a universal tool that it's valuable for people to at least consider it alongside a specific application. It's quite possible--even more than likely--that people have never even heard of such a service.

It's opportunistic on my part, but anyone using those links gets 10x the benefit I do. I'm also the kind of person that enjoys telling people about products and services that I find extremely useful--not to mention recommending good books that I've read. I've even been known to make a book recommendation that wasn't always within the parameters of the original request, but which may be a good fit for the one asking for suggestions.
No, it's pretty much irrelevant. You don't need something like dropbox to transfer files. These postings you made here are as you say "opportunistic."

Almost as bad as commercial advertising.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #19
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Okay, now I understand. I wasn't sure what it was you meant. Strange as it may seem, there are some very crusty people who don't like it when other people offer alternatives that don't EXACTLY match the original post. I'm glad that wasn't your objection because, not only are these services a godsend, they are extremely simple to use. I think they solve the original problem nicely, plus giving extra features. And who doesn't like something like that?

Last edited by SlowRain; 12-12-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
. I think they solve the original problem nicely, plus giving extra features. And who doesn't like something like that?
NO THEY DON'T. Are you just being dense? Being able to up load to the cloud has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. The person wants to know how to load their ebooks onto their android device. What is it you are not getting about that.
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
SlowRain
Addict

That's the simplest way for me to load books. I actually can't think of anything simpler or with fewer steps. And it gives me so much more than just loading e-books. It's like killing three birds with one stone.

Why? What do you suggest?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
kennyc

WTF? I'm done with this.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #23
LevingSky
LevingSky began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 6
How to transfer ebooks from android phone to computer

If you want to transfer ebooks from android phone to computer. You can try MobiKin Assistant for Android. Hope this helps!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please don't reply to 5-year-old threads. It's vanishingly unlikely that the original poster has the slightest interest in your answer.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread