Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Kobo Desktop future version request

After an arduous correspondence with Support I found out that it's impossible to add a book to your Wishlist from the Search Results screen. I think that's silly. You can only hover over a book and "pin" it in the Recommendations row, but those are never the books I want.
So I do a search for a particular book, find it and then want to add it to my Wishlist. Not possible. I have a long Wishlist at Amazon, which I wanted to transfer to Kobo, but no... It seems such a logical and not too difficult to implement option.

On a sidenote, for testing purposes I searched numerous times for one particular book. Knowing Amazon, it would immediately have popped up in the Recommendations. Kobo doesn't seem to have such a Big Brother algorithm. I ran through the "tell us what you like-routine", but that didn't work for me (they only showed books I didn't like). I suppose they won't be able to recommend anything useful until I've bought some books.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Don't count on that whole something useful suggestion thing...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Don't count on that whole something useful suggestion thing...
After my experiences with Kobo Support I don't count on anything anymore...
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote