Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Warning - Disable Wifi to prevent reset - B&N servers down

For those of you not reading the B&N boards.
B&N's servers are down because of problems. A lot of Nook Colors with a Wifi connection have reset and unregistered because of these problems.
So if your Nook Color has not reset yet, DISABLE WIFI!
According to the available support information it could take 2 or 3 hours before the servers become available again.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
So if mine is currently off but wifi is enabled, should I turn it on and disable the wifi or just leave it off until the problem is fixed?
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
Do you think this is just for people with 1.2 installed, or for everyone?
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
This didn't affect me, but I haven't u[upgraded to 1.2 as of yet. I could have been just lucky also.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
deborahjeanne
Zealot
deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color. Kobo Touch (died 2014). Kobo Glo.
My wifi hasn't been able to connect most of the day, I assumed it was a bug in 1.2. thanks for the update.
deborahjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
No problem with Nook Classic. I did not know there was a server issue and connected to an AT&T hotspot this evening around 6PM PST to download new content and archive some stuff. No issues whatsoever.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
michelle2011
michelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook-Color, Nook Touch, Nook (semi)Tablet
Thanks for the heads up.

I don't have WiFi at my home , I have to use my libraries wifi to download apps, free fridays books etc. But until the problems get worked out I don't think I will be downloading anything for the next week or so. I hope B&N finds the bug soon.

I side loaded the update Mon & downloaded a bunch of apps on Tue, and I havn't had any problems so far.
michelle2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

I don't have WiFi at my home , I have to use my libraries wifi to download apps, free fridays books etc. But until the problems get worked out I don't think I will be downloading anything for the next week or so. I hope B&N finds the bug soon.

I side loaded the update Mon & downloaded a bunch of apps on Tue, and I havn't had any problems so far.
B&N has solved the problem, so you can use Wifi again.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote