Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Use While Charging

Ahhh, we can use our Kindle3 while they are charging. Or connected to my portable ZaggSparq 6AH LiIon pack. I love my Kobo ... But this Kindle3 is awfully cool.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #2
Andrew Kaufman
Author/Suspense Thrillers
Andrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle
Clint, there seems to be a lot to like about the K3. The more I read about it the more tempted I am to dump my K2 (or give it to someone who needs it but can't afford it) and get the new one. Decisions, decisions!
Andrew Kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
Ahhh, we can use our Kindle3 while they are charging. Or connected to my portable ZaggSparq 6AH LiIon pack. I love my Kobo ... But this Kindle3 is awfully cool.
Yes the manual says you can read while it is charging. Whether that applies to the very first charge you do I don't know.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Yes the manual says you can read while it is charging. Whether that applies to the very first charge you do I don't know.
Mine came supplied with a USB lead & a nice little Amazon plug I could slot my usb into to charge from the mains. It doesn't seem to want to multi-task if you have it linked to a computer to charge, in fact it tells you to eject from computer if you want to use it at the same time. I therefore opted to charge it from the mains & all the books I'd ordered on Amazon UK whilst waiting for my Kindle quietly downloaded in the background whilst I was browsing online.
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 AM   #5
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... Whether that applies to the very first charge ...

It takes just a couple complete discharge-charge cycles to achieve maximum capacity from a Li-Poly pack. Using it while initially charging it will not hurt anything.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinath View Post
Mine came supplied with a USB lead & a nice little Amazon plug I could slot my usb into to charge from the mains. It doesn't seem to want to multi-task if you have it linked to a computer to charge, in fact it tells you to eject from computer if you want to use it at the same time. I therefore opted to charge it from the mains & all the books I'd ordered on Amazon UK whilst waiting for my Kindle quietly downloaded in the background whilst I was browsing online.
With the K2, even if you are charging from the computer, you can "eject" it from the computer and still read while it is charging without actually unplugging it from the USB drive. I do that every now and then, although, since the K2's plug is on the bottom (is it still there on the K3?), I usually flip the display 180 degrees so that the cord is coming out of the top.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, kobo, usb