Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Does my Libre have a battery problem?

The first time I charged the Libre, it had a picture of a full battery on the front when I went to unplug it. The battery lasted awhile, but the gauge on it was showing three bars when I suddenly got the low battery warning.

Last night I plugged it in (to the wall) before I went to bed (it gave me the warning to plug it in even though it still had three bars) and this morning, it did not have the picture of the full battery on the front. I unplugged it anyway; it's working, but is only showing three bars.

Do I have a defective unit here? I really like that I can add content to this reader using just an SD card, but I still have a few more days of return time left (the store I bought it from has a 30-day return policy). I am tempted to return it for an on-sale Sony Pocket, but then I would not be able to add content on the fly with the SD card...

Should I exchange it for a Sony? For a new Libre? Or is everything fine?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
but is only showing three bars.
Three bars is all there is on the Libre. I believe the Jetbook and Jetbook Lite have four battery strength sections. I would give it a few days of use before throwing in the towel.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My problem is that I only have three more days to be within the return window. By 'three bars' I mean 'one bar looks like it is used up' even though it was charging all night. And it seems like the bars do not actually go down so that when I have to charge it, it will suddenly drop from full bars to zero. On my old Sony, it would start with full bars then you would lose bars as the charge diminished. It wouldn't look 'full' and then drop suddenly to 'you need to charge right now.'
Old 04-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
You might have a defective unit. After mine charges overnight, it shows three bars black, then after a short while- maybe 3-4 days of 40 minutes reading/day, it will go down to two bars black one bar white (it seems it takes longer to do this reading pdf then epub) . It stays on this for a long time, about ten more days, and then it goes down to one bar black and the irritating message "Low battery-please recharge" pops up periodically. I sometimes can read for a couple of more days on this and then I give in and recharge it. But it has never "suddenly" go from full to empty.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
ficbot, since you are the first to report this problem, I would assume that you have a defective unit. Since you are otherwise happy with the Libre, why exchange it for a Sony? I would exchange it for another Libre.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
What does the battery level going to Settings, System Settings and Battery show?
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
ficbot
Wizard

Right now it is showing all three bars when in a book and only two bars when in the settings. But it was plugged in all night.

ETA: found this thread, it seems like it is describing my problem. Did the firmware ever get fixed? Maybe this is a sign I should trade it for the Sony...but otoh all my stuff is in mobi right now and I don't want to re-convert...

Last edited by ficbot; 04-30-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Right now it is showing all three bars when in a book and only two bars when in the settings. But it was plugged in all night.
Did you see this on Aluratek's site?

Charging Problem
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I charge my LIBRE for 5 to 6 hours straight using the power adapter but the battery icon only shows two out of three bars. Is there something wrong with my battery?[/FONT]
Content
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please reset the LIBRE, power ON your LIBRE and verify the battery level by going to Settings (5), System Settings (2) and Battery (2). Then Power OFF your LIBRE, connect the power adapter to your LIBRE, charge for 6 hours and then check the battery level.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If you still do not show a full charge, please contact our support staff at 866-580-1978.[/FONT]
Old 05-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
lele
lele began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, itouch, PRS 600 & Kindle2
Thank you uRwhatUr for this great help. I gave my kids the Aluratek Libre pro ebook reader for Christmas and I have been having issues charging them.
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lele View Post
Thank you uRwhatUr for this great help. I gave my kids the Aluratek Libre pro ebook reader for Christmas and I have been having issues charging them.
I am glad you were able to find it helpful. I too have had my Libre since Christmas, but I have yet to have any charging issues (knock on wood).

If you don't have this already, here is the link to Aluratek's knowledge base:

http://helpdesk.aluratek.com/index.p...=knowledgebase