Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Akumag2
Enthusiast
Akumag2 began at the beginning.

Book request

This forum has really changed since I last looked at it when I got my first reader the prs505 back when it came out and someone here told me that you have uploaded free books, Im thinking = coolness.
There are two books I want to load onto my wife's prs505 before I surprise her with it, both are not found on here or the connect software.

Watership Down (which I found in .lit and finally figured out how to convert thanks to the wonderful forum here)

The other is Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clark

Is there a place I can request this, or does anyone know of some place I can download it (free preferably), I dont mind if I need to convert it either, its her fav book of all time and I just cant find it.

Thanks
Akumag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
These two books are both most definitely under copyright and you will not find legal copies of them "free". Have you tried looking for them in the Sony eBook store?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
These two books are both most definitely under copyright and you will not find legal copies of them "free". Have you tried looking for them in the Sony eBook store?
Neither are available on the eBook store. I've been wanting to read Watership Down and I don't think it's available anywhere as an ebook.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Watership Down and Childhood's End are both not available as legal eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Neither are available on the eBook store. I've been wanting to read Watership Down and I don't think it's available anywhere as an ebook.
Oh, it's available as an ebook. Look for it, you'll find it. No comment on anything else.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
Oh, it's available as an ebook. Look for it, you'll find it. No comment on anything else.
I'm not downloading it illegally, if that's what you're saying.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
No worries, long as you know it's out there.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote