Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you get new content onto your eBookwise 1150 / REB 1200? (pick all that apply)
I use the ETI servers to get/convert all my new content onto my Online Bookshelf. 9 19.15%
I only buy from ebookwise.com, so all my new ebooks are already available to me! 3 6.38%
I bought eBookwise/GEB Librarian, so I prefer to use only it via usb cable. 21 44.68%
I use the trial version of eBookwise/GEB Librarian, and like seeing only 3 ebooks. 3 6.38%
I now use impserve for all my .imp transfers from my PC or directly from the internet!!! 10 21.28%
I use Linreb because it's free and works on Windows/linux; it's primitive but effective. 0 0%
I take out the SM card and manually transfer ebooks using my PC's card reader. 13 27.66%
I don't; I'm happy reading what I've got (Love that '80 days' novel...) 0 0%
I use my own method not described yet (please post what you do). 2 4.26%
I don't own a 1150/1200, but would like to get one to try the above. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #16
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
buy books from Fictionwise

I frequently buy books directly from Fictionwise, but it is not the only spot I buy books from.

I use my little usb cable and elibrarian, though I will have to give Impserv a try and see what I think.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Hmm, how large were the files that caused the crash? It may be that the limited memory on the 1150 was the real culprit, and the GEB Librarian was sending data too fast for it to be written to the card. Can you try a large file with impserve to see whether it too causes a crash?
They are always greater than 1 Meg.

dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #18
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hey can I change my vote? I'm now using Impserv
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Bring it up with "management"....
On second thoughts, maybe we'll have a follow-up poll in a week or so; so that those who have now tried impserve or wish to change their vote may do so!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #19
cyan
Connoisseur
cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, kindle, android
Lately, I've been transferring books by removing the SM card. That's because I've misplaced the nonstandard USB cable. Hopefully the cable I just ordered is the correct one.
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:25 AM   #20
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I transfer all my imp files to my SM card using a PC card reader.
I have learned that, when replacing the storage card into the EBW and switching on, it does not convert more than about 6 new books at a time.
I presume this is because of the EBW's limited memory.
On the very rare occasions when I need to transfer a lot of books to a new card I just keep switching the device off after one batch is recognised and then on again for the next.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #21
sophie27
sophie27 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
Love Impserv

I purchased Librarian when I bought my 1150, but was never really happy with it...slow, etc. I tried Impserv over the weekend and it is amazing. Easy to install and very ease to use. I can't imagine EVER using Librarian again with this as an alternative.
sophie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #22
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
I use impserve. It's a great piece of software !!!
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
ebooks2008
ebooks2008 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150
Unhappy Cant get impserv to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie27 View Post
I purchased Librarian when I bought my 1150, but was never really happy with it...slow, etc. I tried Impserv over the weekend and it is amazing. Easy to install and very ease to use. I can't imagine EVER using Librarian again with this as an alternative.
I just downloaded impserv today. I'm a new ebook reader and can't get ANYTHING to work. When I download a book it goes to a file on my computer. HOW do I get it transfered to my reader from the computer???? I'm using USB Help!!!
ebooks2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #24
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooks2008 View Post
I just downloaded impserv today. I'm a new ebook reader and can't get ANYTHING to work. When I download a book it goes to a file on my computer. HOW do I get it transfered to my reader from the computer???? I'm using USB Help!!!
You will really need to get the usb driver working first, then once you verify the connection works with your Online Bookshelf, you can "switch over" to use Impserve.

Did you read this forums sticky post, Attention: All eBookwise newbies!?

In particular, look at the first and last items here:
Quote:
eBook/GEB Librarian
Oh, and welcome to our (helpful) forum!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote