Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Talking OK, now what? :)

Well, it's b-day, and I got my Vox.

It looks good. It's larger and heavier than my Sony PRS 650, feels sturdy, and of course there's more to it than the little wee Kobo touch I was playing around with at the local Cole's bookstore the day before yesterday. Cole's had a Vox box, but no demo unit to look at. (I found this a little puzzling. The nearby electronics store also had no Vox's on display.)

The first thing I've done is plug it in to the charger. I see a tiny green light on at the front, so that seems to have connected fine. I'm going to give it some time on the charger and then I guess it's set up time. The user guide is open on my laptop right now.

I want to get Astro on there first and go from there. I would also like to put on Opera and Overdrive today.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Have fun! Once I did the set up on mine, I loaded dropbox apk along with Jeff's app package and a few others I wanted into my new dropbox account and using the default browser logged into dropbox first and set that up. After that, having the dropbox app, I was able to load a lot of the apps I wanted unless I downloaded directly. I actually tried to do as much as I could from dropbox for easy access if I need it again. I found it did not really take that long to set things up. I also put on a new launcher as I found that helped the Kobo for navigation speed.

Have fun playing your new toy. Happy Birthday! It was my middle son's birthday on Sunday so he is having his party tomorrow going bowling with friends for the first time (age 6) so we are celebrating here right now too.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Happy Birthday! You've been hanging around the board to know exactly how to do everything you are interested in. I wish you smooth sailing.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah-but...my mind went blank. LOL!

Well, I'm just going to take it slowly. I am SO glad I found this message board or I would have been totally lost.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Happy birthday I hope your having fun with your new toy
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
49Kat
Fanatic

Got the toy connected to my wireless network and it's downloading the updates now.

I like the way the Vox feels. It really feels quite durable, which is good. The screen is nice, too. I've left the screen protector on and it still responds well to touch.

Estelle58, I like your avatar. Are those your cats?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Estelle58, I like your avatar. Are those your cats?

Yes they are and I have one more...
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #8
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Yes they are and I have one more...
They're gorgeous! Our housecat had to move out with our son when our son moved away to go to college. My husband is allergic to cats, unfortunately, and I love cats. Actually, he likes cats, too, but he just can't be near them. Our remaining kitty lives in our shop for the winter and he's outdoors for summer. He's a big old long haired cat and just a huge armload to cuddle.

OK, I know...
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
49Kat
Fanatic

Downloading my books now from the Kobo library. It's gonna be a while.

I really like the display, it's very nice.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
The first thing I've done is plug it in to the charger. I see a tiny green light on at the front, so that seems to have connected fine. I'm going to give it some time on the charger ...
If the little light is green it should be charged.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote