Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you get new content onto your eBookwise 1150 / REB 1200? (pick all that apply)
I use the ETI servers to get/convert all my new content onto my Online Bookshelf. 9 19.15%
I only buy from ebookwise.com, so all my new ebooks are already available to me! 3 6.38%
I bought eBookwise/GEB Librarian, so I prefer to use only it via usb cable. 21 44.68%
I use the trial version of eBookwise/GEB Librarian, and like seeing only 3 ebooks. 3 6.38%
I now use impserve for all my .imp transfers from my PC or directly from the internet!!! 10 21.28%
I use Linreb because it's free and works on Windows/linux; it's primitive but effective. 0 0%
I take out the SM card and manually transfer ebooks using my PC's card reader. 13 27.66%
I don't; I'm happy reading what I've got (Love that '80 days' novel...) 0 0%
I use my own method not described yet (please post what you do). 2 4.26%
I don't own a 1150/1200, but would like to get one to try the above. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
How do you get new content onto your eBookwise 1150 / REB 1200? (pick all that apply)

Ok , poll time! I haven't done one in a while, I mean an ebookwise specific poll; Hopefully all users of this forum will participate (and thanks in advance)!!!

Personal content, such as HTML files, Word .doc, PP .ppt, plain text files, Rocket .rb, Mobipocket .prc/.mobi, PalmDoc .pdb, MS Reader .lit, .pdf, or .djvu files may be moved onto your eBookwise 1150 (or REB 1200) in several different ways. In addition, store bought (DRMed or unencrypted) ebooks may also be transferred. The choices are expanding and that's good for our out-of-production readers.

There are several ways to move new content onto your eBookwise 1150 (REB 1200) device, some are easier than others. Some are better and safer than others. What works best for you and would recommend that to new users starting off. Do you remember being in that same situation? Oh, shudder....

Oh, BTW, having recently completed some pretty awesome plugins for ashkulz's impserve program (part of ebookutils), my next one will explore how to convert LCD to eink....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!

Have fun with this!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-22-2008 at 09:21 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I used the Ebookwise Librarian that I purchased with the device, until last week. Last week I switched to Impserve full time and love it!
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Seeing that I'm the author, I obviously picked impserve I'd previously bought GEB Librarian, but it didn't work under Wine so I just had to roll out my solution, with a lot of support/encouragement from nrapallo
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
I used the Ebookwise Librarian that I purchased with the device, until last week. Last week I switched to Impserve full time and love it!
I have to admit that I still pop the SM card out (CF for my REB 1200), once in a while, when I'm too lazy to double-click the impserve.exe.

I know, I know, old habits die hard...

Glad you like using impserve. ashkulz (and me too) have worked very hard to make it easy to use **plug** **plug**...

I originally bought GEB Librarian for ebooks transfers and content creation; now I don't use it anymore!!! It had its heyday; and plus I wanted to support the author for his efforts, so I don't regret my (original) purchase.

But, I agree with you, when there is something BETTER...
Old 09-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Well thank you for the poll. I did not now impserv existed.

@ashkulz impserv looks very promising, Thank you!
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Just curious: for those who chose "I take out the SM card and manually transfer ebooks using my PC's card reader", what's the reason you do that? I think I must've removed the SM/CF card only once or twice (for firmware upgrades) -- otherwise I prefer the USB cable option. Pulling out the card is very inconvenient and I'm always afraid I'll break it if I pull hard...
Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I have to admit that I still pop the SM card out (CF for my REB 1200), once in a while, when I'm too lazy to double-click the impserve.exe.

I know, I know, old habits die hard...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Just curious: for those who chose "I take out the SM card and manually transfer ebooks using my PC's card reader", what's the reason you do that? I think I must've removed the SM/CF card only once or twice (for firmware upgrades) -- otherwise I prefer the USB cable option. Pulling out the card is very inconvenient and I'm always afraid I'll break it if I pull hard...

That would be me...

Before impserve, I would have to launch GEBLibrarian (it was a slow starter, to boot), navigate to the directory I had just placed my .imp ebook, then do the transfer thing...

For the REB1200, it was easier to take out the CF card, put it my CF-SM Sandisk reader (I thought ahead when I bought this ), then just place the .imp in the root directory of the drive assigned to the CF reader. Quick and safe!

For the EBW1150, I would rarely pop out the SM card (for fear of breaking it or my reader!), so I usually would wait for the GEBLibrarian to start, navigate down and load it that way. Fear made me do it this way more often than not!

Again, a thing of the past, now that we have impserve!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

I always used the SM card reader on my PC before Impserv. My reason was speed, for some reason the 1150 would lock up / freeze on transferring of books using Elibrarian.
Impserv is fast and hasn't caused a crash yet (For transferring books)
Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I always used the SM card reader on my PC before Impserv. My reason was speed, for some reason the 1150 would lock up / freeze on transferring of books using Elibrarian.
Impserv is fast and hasn't caused a crash yet (For transferring books)
I too have found that larger files would crash and not transfer correctly using elibrarian. I have multiple cards.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #10
ashkulz
Addict

Hmm, how large were the files that caused the crash? It may be that the limited memory on the 1150 was the real culprit, and the GEB Librarian was sending data too fast for it to be written to the card. Can you try a large file with impserve to see whether it too causes a crash?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #11
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
I use the eBookwise librarian, but I would be eager to try out impserve when I have time to fiddle with it.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #12
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Hmm, how large were the files that caused the crash? It may be that the limited memory on the 1150 was the real culprit, and the GEB Librarian was sending data too fast for it to be written to the card. Can you try a large file with impserve to see whether it too causes a crash?
The one that caused the crash for me was a 45MB book (Commadork by Rob Ohara). I had to load that book using the card reader. I just tried loading it again using impserve and there was no problem.

I will re-install geblibrarian tonight after work and try with it again.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #13
nrapallo

Quote:
The one that caused the crash for me was a 45MB book (Commadork by Rob Ohara). I had to load that book using the card reader. I just tried loading it again using impserve and there was no problem.

I will re-install geblibrarian tonight after work and try with it again.
After you're done experiementing, don't forget to re-install eBook Publisher as it is required by Mobi2IMP, imp viewer, etc...

Leaving the GEBLibrarian installation files confuses things, like opening a 1150 .imp file and having the viewer display it as a 1200 .imp file!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hey can I change my vote? I'm now using Impserv
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #15
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hey can I change my vote? I'm now using Impserv
Bring it up with "management"....