Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
How do I change make the text of my post wrap round an image?

My apologies if this is not the correct place to post this question. I couldn't see anywhere else to put it.

I want to post a message in the forum. The message will include an image. I know how to do that, using the [IMG] tags. It works fine.

But I'd also like the text of the message to wrap round the image. In other words, if the image is on the left of the message, I want to text to start to the right, not below the image, which seems to be the default.

I know this is possible because I've seen other MobileRead forum messages that do it. I just can't figure it out.

I hope this question makes sense and that someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I think I've only seen wrap-around text on the home page for headlines. Maybe you need special green powers to do it.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I think I've only seen wrap-around text on the home page for headlines. Maybe you need special green powers to do it.
Ah, you might be right. I've definitely seen it posts. But the post I had in mind was posted by young Ms Pinwheel, who is definetely green (which I mean in the nicest possible way).
Old 08-12-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Posts with a picture to the right and then text on the left are front-page posts. They appear both on the front page and in their original position in the forum thread. If you look at the front page of the site you'll see what I mean.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard

Thanks, Harry. I see what you mean.