Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
pastorjamie
pastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook
Help w/ Chapter Breaks

Gang:

I totally suck at this stuff...

Okay, so here is where I'm at.

I have a Pages doc (iWork). I've used the Paragraph styles for chapter headings and and section headings. I've also created a TOC.

All that I have done is to print this as a PDF and add that PDF to Calibre.

Now, here's the strange part, I didn't think I'd be able to set chapter breaks, etc because I didn't do any html work on this PDF. Strangely, though, some of the section headings have h1 code in them.

I got excited about this because I was able to break some of the chapters down in Calibre...however, not all.

Any idea why some Paragraph styles from Pages would make it so that Calibre breaks them and not all? (and, yes, they are the same heading style)
pastorjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
pastorjamie
pastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of lightpastorjamie is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook
Help w/ Chapter Breaks and Table of Contents

Update:

I'm now using Word for Mac so I can save as HTML, then inputting the HTML into Calibre.

I think I'm getting closer but still can't figure out chapter breaks and table of contents.

Firstly, what does the "DETECT CHAPTER" line need to be if I want chapter breaks at H1 and H3?

Also...Table of Contents.

Is there a way to insert a TOC at the front of the ePub book? Too, what controls what shows up in the GO TO section of the Nook for chapters?

Thank you.

You can see the file I'm working with here: http://reachingdekalb.net/bookbuilder/WEM%20ECC.htm
pastorjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert