Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 04-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
andry80
andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

html

hello I'm an italian man ,Andrea, I'm going to end the medicine university , i use palm and I whant to know is exist a softwere to see html page in palm.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by andry80
hello I'm an italian man ,Andrea, I'm going to end the medicine university , i use palm and I whant to know is exist a softwere to see html page in palm.
There really is only one alternative in terms of cost, features, platform support, flexibility and support... Plucker. I'm not saying that just because I'm a loyal user, developer and supporter on that project, but because there really is nothing even remotely-close that can compare to it.

Plucker supports OSX, Windows, Linux and even unknown platforms through an email-only interface called "Pler" (the Plucker Email Reflector). Plucker has commandline and GUI tools, as well as converters in the community for dozens of other formats. Plucker supports local and remote files, text files, webpages, anti-aliased fonts, images, colors, styles and many other things.

Plucker is also the only rich handheld format with a publically-documented format. The others (AvantGo, iSilo, zTXT, Mobipocket and 14 more) all have a proprietary format or a format that doesn't support rich formatting as found on the web (images, tables, styles).

If you'd like to see some of what it can do, take a look at my Plucker Code page. There are lots of sample documents and screenshots there to drool over (I've also attached a couple to this reply).

Plucker is also Free Software, covered by the GNU GPL, which means you can extend it and add/remove features as you see fit. Dozens of commercial companies are using the Plucker document format in their products every single day, with more and more using it every day.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bitstream+Courier_12pt_3.png
Views:	297
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	621   Click image for larger version

Name:	svn_01.png
Views:	351
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	622   Click image for larger version

Name:	xpcom_01.png
Views:	282
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	623  
Advert
Old 04-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
andry80
andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andry80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i try but it don't work with 1 my file and if it work (with another page) i cant see never in palm because isilo don't see this file. i must to put also a softwere in palm?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
andry80

ok but it don't work ... it dont work with zlib
Old 04-29-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Could you possibly be any more vague?
Advert
Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
andry80

now I put on my palm pulcker viwer (that it isen't on the site www.plkr.org) but if i try to open a file (maked by pulker desktop) it give me an error who say that is impossible to manage a Zlib document . later it say impossibe find file on ram or od external sd
Old 04-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #7
hacker
Technology Mercenary

Did you install the zlib library? (SysZLib.prc) You'll need that to uncompress zlib-compressed documents.

Also, you want to be using the 1.8 viewer, not the 1.6.2 viewer that comes with Plucker Desktop.

And did you put the documents in the right directories on your external SD card? You can't just put them anywhere on the card and expect Plucker to see them. Try putting them in /Palm/Ebooks or /Palm/Launcher and you might have better luck.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:56 AM   #8
andry80

I need to install anymore to have more functions? plukercan see pdf file?
Old 04-30-2005, 05:47 AM   #9
andry80

but it don't give a good pageing it is not comprensive
Old 05-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #10
andry80

you can see it on my site http://www.lacollinadeiciliegi.org at http://www.lacollinadeiciliegi.org/Page0187.htm ok? it is in italian but if you see the 2 text(htlm and pulker you can understant the problem)