Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #76
havant
havant began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Paper White
I've been using an Embody chair by Herman Miller for about a year. Very comfortable for both reading and as a desk chair.
havant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #77
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
It's alive!

Sorry, folks—I couldn't help but resurrect this old thread when I found my ultimate dream chair. I'm not sure what that funnel-looking thing is on the top, but if it leads to a feeding tube, I'm in!

(If anyone's curious, here's the link.)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #78
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Sorry, folks—I couldn't help but resurrect this old thread when I found my ultimate dream chair. I'm not sure what that funnel-looking thing is on the top, but if it leads to a feeding tube, I'm in!

There's *two* funnels, which is what you need; one for mountain dew and one for munchies.
See, that's not a reading chair; it's a video gaming chair. Very popular in South Korea.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #79
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
...<snip> I'm not sure what that funnel-looking thing is on the top, but if it leads to a feeding tube, I'm in! <snip>
Only if there is another funnel-looking thing below the chair.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #80
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Only if there is another funnel-looking thing below the chair.
Nah.
It's for gamers so the other accessory is optional and most do without.
Gamers have big bladders and sweat a lot.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #81
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
It's alive!

That thing looks like a torture chair to me.... I still prefer my hammock chair.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #82
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I read on my bed. I can't remember the last time I read in a chair at home.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #83
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I will read anywhere, even standing up if I have to.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #84
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I upgraded my porch chair to a zero gravity model like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Caravan-Canopy...dp/B0032UY0BU/

I also recently replaced my desk chair with a "massage recliner" where I'll read occasionally with or without the motors going. For longish reading sessions it's usually either the z-grav on the porch or my captain's chair and ottoman in the living room (orange guys below).

taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 AM   #85
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I also have a Poang, I used to have it combined with a Fatboy Point footstool but I had to throw that out because of smoke damage (I just got a new cushion for the Poang). Next time I'm at Ikea I'll buy the Poang footstool.

I'm very flexible where I read. Usually on the couch and in bed, but also sitting as and Indian on a large pillow on the floor (in front of the gas heater in winter). One of the furniture stores nearby sells the ideal reading chair, which is extra wide. I haven't even checked the price because it will be expensive and I don't know how to get it in my room.

For those who want a thicker pillow for the Poang Ikea also sells the Hästö.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #86
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I also have a Poang, I used to have it combined with a Fatboy Point footstool but I had to throw that out because of smoke damage (I just got a new cushion for the Poang). Next time I'm at Ikea I'll buy the Poang footstool.
Another vote for the Poang. Very comfy, and amazing value.

The Poang footstool is also just right for me.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #87
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

and not only that, when you die from information overload, they can just 'wheel you out.'

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #88
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
That thing looks like a torture chair to me.... I still prefer my hammock chair.
This reminds me of a dentist's chair with monitors. As such, something like this would never enter my house!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #89
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A dental chair! Now that's the ticket. I could modify the drill arm to hold my Paperwhite.

Thanks, jersysman!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #90
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Actually, I'm saving my money from not smoking to buy two items. The first is going to be either an iPad 5 or the next generation Surface (I've already saved more than enough money for either since giving up my beloved American Spirit cigarettes) and the second is going to be something I and others have mentioned before in this thread: a zero gravity chair. Maybe not the exact model below (click the pic to visit the site), but one very similar: