Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Call for translators

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to release the 0.5.0 version of calibre and it would be nice to have the user interface translated into as many languages as possible. Currently only the German and Spanish translations are complete. So if you speak a non-English language and have a few hours to spare, please contribute a few translations.

Instructions on how to contribute translations are available here:

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/D...t#Translations

If you need additional help/instructions, feel free to post to this thread.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I registered and had a look at it. I'll probably try again later, but it was intimidating to try to translate something when I don't have the context.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Feel free to ask when you are uncertain. The translations interface does point to the source file where the string comes from, but that is probably too much trouble to locate.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i registered too and am taking a look. i'll try to do a bit from time to time. i should make a post in the french forum as well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
I'll contribute for Italian.
But, please, Kovid, don't let calibre automatically choose the language like most applications do...

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
I'll have a go at French too...
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre does try to automatically detect language if you haven't set a apreference, but you can override that with the config dialog.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Currently only the German and Spanish translations are complete.
I intend it as a compliment for the german translation.
Thank you, Kovid.

So guys, move on.
The spanish translators are quite fast.

S. Dorscht

BTW: Do you have a date set for the release of v0.5?

Last edited by StDo; 03-01-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: BTW
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

0.5 is basically waiting till I am confident there are no major bugs left in the code. Hopefully that should happen in the next couple of weeks, perhaps as early as middle of next week.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
vincent_c
Enthusiast
vincent_c began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
I will help you too. (french translation)
Congratulations for this good software. (I have just tried and tested it on linux)
vincent_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Cool, thanks.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
plazec
plazec doesn't litterplazec doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3, HTC Desire
Hi, I allready started translating Calibre into Czech last month. Looks like it's time to speed up translation.
plazec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
nikitajy
nikitajy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
I started translating to Hebrew but then realized you can't read Hebrew on readers and the selection of ebooks in Hebrew is extremely limited, so I guess there's no point in doing that right now...

I love the app though
nikitajy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@nikitajy You can read hebrew if you put the right fonts on the reader and in a couple of months calibre will support embedding fonts in EPUB at which time you will be able to read hebrew on the SONY readers.

@plazec: Thanks, much appreciated