Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
socgsi
socgsi began at the beginning.

Device: none
has anyone else lost all data on their SD card when instered in M92?

has anyone else lost all data on their SD card when inserted in M92?

I recently had this problem and could only recover 3 files from professional service. Is this a known problem or just a problem with SD cards? Anyone else?

thanks!
socgsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
I tried several SD cards (all formatted with FAT32 and size between 1 and 32 GB) and all were recognized very well by M92 - especially no data loss. Neither have I read on this forum of such a bug.

Seems like something's wrong with your SD card. What does data loss mean in your case? Was the file system corrupt? Was the SD card unrecoverably broken? Or were there only several files that were deleted/corrupted/altered?
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
David Parkar
David Parkar began at the beginning.

Re: has anyone else lost all data on their SD card when instered in M92?

For data recovery from SD card, you can recommend Remo Recover tool. It is tested by one of my friend and he recovered all his lost data.
David Parkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
SD cards are sensitive to Electrostatic discharge.
I believe that could be the problem.
This problem sometimes occurs when inserting the card in any device.

I dont think it's a specific Problem of M92. I never had that Problem on that reader; but some years ago with my digital camera.

Last edited by medvedev; 09-16-2013 at 04:55 PM.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
+1 I had no problems with M92.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #6
markjoh2
markjoh2 began at the beginning.

You can take out SD card from M92 and then connect SD card to computer with a card reader, then follow this guide: SD card data recovery

Take note that you'd better stop using the SD card before you get back lost data.

Last edited by markjoh2; 10-07-2013 at 06:35 AM.
markjoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote