Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
ghansen2
ghansen2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Gerald Hansen's Hand In The Till

Hi guys!

I hope you can have a look at my second book, Hand In The Till. The MobileRead community was very supportive of my first, An Embarrassment of Riches, and hopefully lightning will strike twice! Comedian Colin Quinn called Hand In The Till "Comic Irish Writing At Its Best." Maybe you will agree..??

Here's the blurb:

With a family like this, who wouldn't need absinthe?

Fionnuala Flood, mother of seven unruly thugs, takes stock of her life as her 45th birthday approaches, and it couldn't be more of a misery. She's been fired from the corner shop for stealing, her two oldest sons are in prison, her husband's hands are fondling more than frozen fish at the packing plant, and her lesbian daughter has just published a book exposing the family's attempts to get their claws into Auntie Ursula Barnett's lottery winnings the year before. Daughter Dymphna, unwed mother, has just been kicked out of her boyfriend's house, adding two more mouths to feed.

Desperate to raise money to travel to Malta for the launch party and wreak havoc, Fionnuala puts into motion a get-rich-quick scheme that preys on the weaknesses of others and will hopefully add a bit of luxury to her empty coal bin of a life. The scam, however, unleashes dark secrets that bring Ursula back to town for a final showdown. Hand In The Till is a darkly comic look at revenge, retribution and, perhaps, reconcilliation. With a shot of absinthe.

B&N/Nook link ($2.99):

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hand...=2940013785182

Amazon/Kindle link ($2.99):

http://www.amazon.com/Hand-In-The-Ti...nd+in+the+till

and have a look at my website if you get a chance!

www.geraldhansenbooks.com

Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HITTcoverititlenew (2).jpg
Views:	275
Size:	569.5 KB
ID:	91560  
ghansen2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, funny, humor, ireland