Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
tmb2
tmb2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
help

hi y'all. i changed all the meta tags on my books, pdf's etc. in calibre, deleted everything on my sony prs600, and tried to reload the new versions with correct tags to the device but now nothing will load. i selected everything and clicked upload to device and it locks up. tried file by file and nothing. Help
tmb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb2 View Post
hi y'all. i changed all the meta tags on my books, pdf's etc. in calibre, deleted everything on my sony prs600, and tried to reload the new versions with correct tags to the device but now nothing will load. i selected everything and clicked upload to device and it locks up. tried file by file and nothing. Help
Have you tried sending 1 file to your device that is not a PDF file? The PDF metadata writer sometimes hangs and give some folks problems.

Let us know if you can send a single LRF or ePub book to your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
tmb2
tmb2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
thanks dwanthny. when i tried to bulk load it locked up every time. what i did was load books individually and that worked. i'm leaving on a road trip tomorrow so was freaking a bit but now that i've got books onboard i'm in less of a rush to figure out what's going on; i'll deal with it next week. i didn't try to load a single pdf so can't say if the problem is related to format or not but epub is working fine. i got the reader mostly to organize my pdf files so i'll need to figure this out but no rush now. thanks.
tmb2 is offline   Reply With Quote