Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #211
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm no expert, but I've has no issues.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #212
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Thanks Kenny, karma to you too!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #213
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Gutenberg eReader
Cost: Free
Formats supported: txt
Online catalogs: Project Gutenberg
Thought I would try this to supplement the Nook App on my tab, but it is no longer free. Site says it cost $2.99 so I'll pass for now.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:01 AM   #214
morean51
morean51 began at the beginning.

Device: none
thank you its a great resource
morean51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #215
AlexSno
Connoisseur
AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I am owning a nice Android Defy and i can say this thread is proving very useful.
AlexSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #216
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats and welcome!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #217
Westlyn
Enthusiast
Westlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile and Android
Does anyone know of a reader that supports .LIT files. I have quite a collection of .LITs but I'm not really up for using Calibre to convert them all to ePUB. I'm currently using Cool Reader for most of the other formats I have in my collection.
Westlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #218
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlyn View Post
Does anyone know of a reader that supports .LIT files. I have quite a collection of .LITs but I'm not really up for using Calibre to convert them all to ePUB. I'm currently using Cool Reader for most of the other formats I have in my collection.
I'm afraid no such thing exists yet. Calibre does have a batch convert function. You could set them all to convert while you're at work so you don't have to do each individually.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #219
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I have a few .lit books from long long ago in a galaxy far far away, but I've long since forgotten the passwords for them.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #220
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
Thought I would try this to supplement the Nook App on my tab, but it is no longer free. Site says it cost $2.99 so I'll pass for now.
Thanks for the information. I've included it in the first post, which is now completely updated and revised to include official Android market links.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #221
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
beartard, Laputa, while it means "the whore" in Spanish, is as well one of the islands featured in Gulliver's Travels. It is of course a saucy name, but it has its literary respectability
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #222
Westlyn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
I'm afraid no such thing exists yet. Calibre does have a batch convert function. You could set them all to convert while you're at work so you don't have to do each individually.
Thanks - I knew I hadn't found anything in my own research hence the post.

I have used calibre but haven't been entirely happy with the end results. It's no big deal - a .lit reader would just allow me to read my existing collection rather than spending time on conversion. I suspect in the meantime that I'll end up converting on a demand basis ie if I want to (re-)read a book it gets converted.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #223
kennyc

What about this:

http://download.cnet.com/ABC-Amber-L...-11016801.html

apparently there is also a converter built into windows but I know nothing about it.

I only buy/acquire epub (or convert to it).
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #224
Westlyn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What about this:

http://download.cnet.com/ABC-Amber-L...-11016801.html

apparently there is also a converter built into windows but I know nothing about it.

I only buy/acquire epub (or convert to it).
Tried ABC Lit Converter many times over the years - I've always been disappointed with the results.

I've also used cLIT18 converter. It's not that I can't convert, I have spent loads of time converting but I really don't want to spend the time converting a large existing library of .lit ebooks. I'd prefer to find a reader that can handle them on my android......

I always get epubs for my new books and I have converted a small number of LITs that I really wanted to read, but it's really about how I minimise the time managing my legacy collection as opposed to actually reading. .LIT was the right format for me when I used a winmobile smartphone but obviously no longer. But I still have that collection of lits.....
Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #225
kennyc

There ya go then.

Tags
android, android;ebooks, cliq, droid, nexus one