Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
cherdman
Enthusiast
cherdman began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X51v
Thumbs up VERY good ebook article and discussion

This is the best article/discussion on ebooks that I've ever stumbled upon. Perhaps you are already aware of it? It's from the official website of Charles Stross. FANTASTIC read (both the article and the discussion posts):

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog...ook_marke.html
cherdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Illuminating .. especially the comments on economies ..
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
(I was pretty sure I'd read that before... that article is about a year old now.)

It's a bit unfortunate that he doesn't have any hard numbers... so his assertions that depend on percentages and figures are a bit suspect... but overall, his observations on the market are pretty good.

He obviously doesn't think much of high-priced dedicated readers, which I can't argue with. But his insistence that people won't buy high-priced readers may be inaccurate, because I suspect we haven't yet seen the feature-set that will compel average people to buy one... the "iPod of readers."
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote