Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
applesandshanana
applesandshanana began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
ePub/PDF Covers on DRM Protected Files

Not sure if this should go here or under devices, but I"ll put it here first. I couldn't resist the great deal on the Nook HD+ this week and upgraded from a 2nd Gen Kindle yesterday. I was so excited, but wound up spending most of the night trying to get the bookshelf on the Nook to look pretty...with no luck.

I review books for a blog and use sites like NetGalley and Edelweiss to get digital review copies from publishers. Both sites suggest using Adobe Digital Editions to open/manage (what are usually) DRM protected ePub or PDF files.

Is there any way import a cover image to the Nook with DRM protected ePub or PDF files without removing the DRM protection? I know that's an option, I would just hate to do that just because I'm crazy and can't handle looking at a bunch of PDF files on my pretty Nook.
applesandshanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why would you have to look at PDF on your nook if you removed DRM from ePub?

Once Calibre is set to remove the DRM, it's no more complicated then dropping the eBook into Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
drm, epub, nook hd+, pdf