Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #16
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Wellllll... I have done several combinations of un- and re-install, and I think I have cornered the problem.
V 7-2 Preview Window Zoom apparently only works on the original computer that Sigil is/was installed on. I wiped Sigil from everywhere, and stripped the registry entries, and re-installed on my portable drive running on an XP machine. Everything works great.

When I move the portable drive to another computer, Preview Window Zoom no longer works. So I assume it must require some registry entry or specially installed component to operate correctly.

This is the first version that has not had full functionality when I move from computer to computer (it works portably, but is not "stealth" as the portable-apps folk call it, it does create settings and registry entries on each host computer you use), so no wonder I was baffled!

Since I am blocked from installing software on this computer, I will have to stay with v 7-1 on this one.

I wonder if the developers could pinpoint what component or registry entry is the culprit, maybe there is a way to re-direct that to Sigil's own folder so us "portable" fans can continue to use it on multiple computers.

EDITED TO ADD: Never mind.... I see that PortableApps.com does have a fully portable version available, I had not checked their site in forever.
So this has been a good mind-stretching exercise, and this entire post can be ignored. Sorry about that.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 06-13-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: add info
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I thought I had spoken too soon about the usability of the portable app, because Preview Window Zoom seemed to stop working.

but
I HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY.

In each session, the Preview Window MUST BE DOCKED the first time I want to zoom it. After that, I can undock it, and the zoom keyboard command will continue to work.

This behavior holds true on XP PRO, and on Vista.

So I am posting this in case there are other folks having the same challenge. If this is a frequent (or default) behavior, I suggest that a note be added to the User's Manual.

Thanks to all for letting me cry on your shoulders.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote