Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Tunney
Tunney began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, & nook
Multiplying calendar entries -- a PE thing or an android thing

Here is an interesting problem. I am not sure if it is a PE specific issue, or if its an android 2.2 thing.
I input events into my calendar on my PE. I have it synced to my laptop and my desktop. However, some of these events are listed 2 or three times on my PE--same event. One event is listed 7 times. It is really bizarre. Is this something the others have discovered on their PE calandar? I'm using the one that cam,e with Ermine. Its a little frustrating because I use my calandar a lot, and I use my PE all the time (knock on wood, groovy little machine she is!)
Thanks,
Tunney
Tunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Assume you have played with the settings that allow for overwrite/add etc.

What are you syncing to, Outlook?
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Tunney

Syncing to gmail, in fact--- but these settings for overwrite/add? where would I find them? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I was thinking outlook, doubt gmail would have them. In windows there are a few options when you sync with handheld pocket windows units.

It sounds like maybe your problem relates to it just dumping everything in each sync rather than over writing. There might be options in your in android program but have never gotten into that area.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunney View Post
Here is an interesting problem. I am not sure if it is a PE specific issue, or if its an android 2.2 thing.
I input events into my calendar on my PE. I have it synced to my laptop and my desktop. However, some of these events are listed 2 or three times on my PE--same event. One event is listed 7 times. It is really bizarre. Is this something the others have discovered on their PE calandar? I'm using the one that cam,e with Ermine. Its a little frustrating because I use my calandar a lot, and I use my PE all the time (knock on wood, groovy little machine she is!)
Thanks,
Tunney
I just noticed this today as well. I'm running ermine as well. I tried to delete some of the duplicates, some deleted others did not.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
Tunney

Smile Issue solved with Calengoo

For anyone who also had the same problem I had as far as finding their calandar entries multiplied over and over (in some cases 12times!) I found a really nice app called Calengoo--it appears to be made to sync with the google calandar. It works perfectly! Whatever I input into the google calandar on my computer appears on my PE, and then whatever I add to the Calengoo on my PE appears on the google calandar I accesss with my computer! Its really good!
For some reason, the android calandars I was trying out were creating multiple entries of the same thing--I tried to find menus and settings features that would stop it, but nothing worked.
I downloaded the Calengoo from the marked at Amazon--it was something like $6, but what the heck, it solved the problem really quickly!
Nice calendar, nice layout and very easy to navigate.
Cheers,
Tunney