Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-26-2015, 03:12 AM   #691
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Shift+click Convert button to set output directory.

But it still create intermediate files in source directory and just move ouput to selected place.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 04-26-2015 at 03:14 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:41 AM   #692
Sukarn
Enthusiast
Sukarn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 2
Oh, that fails for the same reasons, then.

Command line versions seems to behave differently. Command line version does not fail if the output directory is not on NTFS, so it is not creating intermediate files in source directory.
Sukarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2015, 04:12 AM   #693
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will check this issue and try workaround it someway in next release.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:28 AM   #694
Sukarn
Enthusiast

That's very kind of you. Thanks a lot.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #695
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Can't replicate this issue. Conversion from NTFS volume work correctly for me.

So code can handle NTFS on Linux. It is probably some permission problem on your end.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 04-26-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Advert
Old 04-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #696
Sukarn
Enthusiast

You're absolutely right. The ownership was set to the default (root : plugdev). Changing it to the user fixed the issue.

I'm sorry for wasting your time and efforts with this issue. You have my apologies, and I thank you for pointing out the problem to me.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #697
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

No problem.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #698
Maxiride
Maxiride began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 7th
I noticed that the kindle devices have the horizontal mode view, in KCC there is the option to turn pages horizontally, however the controls (tap zones and swipe direction) remains as in portrait mode.
Is there the chance to add the option in KCC to make mobi files with support for the landscape mode?

As I understood landscape mode on the kindle also rotates the content so a properly made mobi file will need to be made in portrait, ad then the kindle will rotate it.
Is it possible? I recognize is really a marginal future and with a low priority maybe, but I'd like to know if it is viable.
Maxiride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #699
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yeah. I would love to change controls to horizontal on rotated double spreads - but that is simply not possible.

Older KCC versions allowed to use horizontal mode in entire book but maintaining that feature was pain in the ass and to be frank it was not very useful.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #700
Maxiride

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Yeah. I would love to change controls to horizontal on rotated double spreads - but that is simply not possible.

Older KCC versions allowed to use horizontal mode in entire book but maintaining that feature was pain in the ass and to be frank it was not very useful.
Understood :/ anyway KCC is awesome too bad that such feature is so complicated to implement.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #701
Maxiride

cbr\mobi files as I understood can be easily merged just by merging the folders, however if I merge for instance 10 chapters of the same manga is there a way to make a kind of table of contents (the one commonly accessible from the header->Go to button) to quickly move to the corresponding first page of a chapter?
Old 04-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #702
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

TOC is created based on directory structure.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #703
Maxiride

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
TOC is created based on directory structure.
lol, must have missed this from the wiki
Old 04-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #704
Maxiride

What if I converted a cbr to mobi and I need to change the ToC? There is no way with KCC to convert it back to a cbr?
Old 04-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #705
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Nope.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools