Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 10-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #10576
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwardgd View Post
yep things are definitely changing code wise. We definitely need some more international multiuse codes or by this time next year i'll be using something else and i don't want to be, i cant stomach amazon. Also why don't kobo do reviews?

30% uk code i dont need: 224LNY
I don't think they will ever bring back codes that work on big 6 internationally or anywhere. From what I've read those were never supposed to work because per agreement with the publishers they are not allowed to discount. They have wanted agency to come back in the US because supposedly they have agreed not to discount and it puts them at a disadvantage.

That said there are some small publishers where the codes should work internationally and maybe after they close the gaps/leaks they will open that back up. But, progress is slow and since they got it wrong the first few times they may not be too eager to open it back up.

FWIW as an author I don't set different rules for different regions. I just set the thing to "Go for all regions." The price gets calculated based on the exchange rate. I can alter that some to make the prices look "normal." For example I can set the US price to 2.99 and Canada will be 3.12. So I can go in and make it 2.99 in Canada so that it doesn't fluctuate or look like an exchange rated price.

It is possible to choose NOT to sell in a particular region. I'm sure Kobo acts as the distributor for the larger publishers, but I'm also sure those publishers set the rules and they have to abide by the stupid "geo-restrictions" that are legacy for all trad publishers. They aren't going to be letting go of that any time soon.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #10577
specficwriter
Connoisseur
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
35%
A7UET7

55%
QW3KBA
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #10578
kristalana
Zealot
kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab Pro
Sorry for bumping the thread without a code to offer, but did anybody else have trouble playing today with the emails they registered with yesterday? I kept getting 'invalid email/password', even after changing the password using the Forgot your password link. When I tried re-registering with that email it told me it was already used. It let me register a new one today, but I'm wondering now if that one will be broken tomorrow too. ugh kobo.
kristalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #10579
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalana View Post
Sorry for bumping the thread without a code to offer, but did anybody else have trouble playing today with the emails they registered with yesterday? I kept getting 'invalid email/password', even after changing the password using the Forgot your password link. When I tried re-registering with that email it told me it was already used. It let me register a new one today, but I'm wondering now if that one will be broken tomorrow too. ugh kobo.
I had to reset my password, but that worked fine. With all the new password rules I had no idea what I finally set it to. After resetting it, it did let me log in and play.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #10580
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Kindle PW, LG G3
Not doing too well so far.

35%
227ACQ 228TM2 22AK9Q 2EDE6R 2EJ3YM 2QLA6Z 2QMNTH 2QNY2A 2QP9XR 2QV2KX 2QVC7J 2QYMZZ 2R69BR 2R6ETW 2R8N6P 2U8D55 2U8SYV 2UHP8S 2UJ5WF 2YNTJP 2YZ68C
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #10581
Bugetta
Bugetta doesn't litterBugetta doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm usually a lurker, but I'm de-lurking because I think I know what the problem is --I just got an email from Kobo saying that they jumped the gun and opened up the contest before it was ready, but it's actually ready now. I hope that means no more login problems!

[Shortened URLs not allowed - MODERATOR]

Thanks everyone for sharing all the Kobo codes!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-23-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Bugetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #10582
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I had to reset my password, but that worked fine. With all the new password rules I had no idea what I finally set it to. After resetting it, it did let me log in and play.
Same here. And I "reset" it to the same password I had originally set it to.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #10583
Susan A
Susan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to beholdSusan A is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook
Anybody else get this email today?

Oops! Take two: This month's contest is now ready to play!‏

Sorry, we got so excited with this month's contest that we weren't quite ready. It's ready to go now - enter and play below!
Susan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #10584
Pierre Menard
Connoisseur
Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Pierre Menard can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalana View Post
Sorry for bumping the thread without a code to offer, but did anybody else have trouble playing today with the emails they registered with yesterday? I kept getting 'invalid email/password', even after changing the password using the Forgot your password link.
I just had this happen--and I use lastpass, so I knew I had the password right. After seeing the notes about the contest accidentally going live too early, I figured it meant I would have to register again. But when I went to do so, I was getting the Canada/UK problem again (after having typed the contest.kobo.com address directly into FF).

Aha! I figured it wasn't letting me log in because I hadn't actually registered for that country's contest. So I found the contest link from my email, and then I was able to log in just fine with my original email/pass.
Pierre Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #10585
specficwriter
Connoisseur
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
same thing happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Menard View Post
I just had this happen--and I use lastpass, so I knew I had the password right. After seeing the notes about the contest accidentally going live too early, I figured it meant I would have to register again. But when I went to do so, I was getting the Canada/UK problem again (after having typed the contest.kobo.com address directly into FF).

Aha! I figured it wasn't letting me log in because I hadn't actually registered for that country's contest. So I found the contest link from my email, and then I was able to log in just fine with my original email/pass.
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #10586
bookmarked
Connoisseur
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP TouchPad, Kindle 4 NT
It appears that, intentionally or not, Kobo has split the contest across servers.

The old URL http://contest.kobo.com/ will only allow registration and access for the UK and CA.

The "new" URL https://www.kobo.com/contest/ will only allow registration and access for the US. I'm guessing that this URL should be good for future contests, but if it doesn't work for you, these both work for the current contest.
https://www.kobo.com/contest/game?na...r_dark_stories
https://www.kobo.com/contest?name=after_dark_stories

If you register for the US, you can't use the http://contest.kobo.com/ URL to play.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM   #10587
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Not doing too well so far.

35%
227ACQ 228TM2 22AK9Q 2EDE6R 2EJ3YM 2QLA6Z 2QMNTH 2QNY2A 2QP9XR 2QV2KX 2QVC7J 2QYMZZ 2R69BR 2R6ETW 2R8N6P 2U8D55 2U8SYV 2UHP8S 2UJ5WF 2YNTJP 2YZ68C
Hey, you're doing better than me!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:39 AM   #10588
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
30%
ARPKR5
FQ57Q8
(US)

Last edited by AnemicOak; Today at 01:43 AM.
AnemicOak is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals