Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2023, 06:13 AM   #1
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Which reader works best with Calibre these days?

So, I've been using eReaders & Calibre for many years now. (Started with a Sony, still have it.)

Besides Sony, over the years I've used some kind of Android tablet, a Nook, Kobos, and a Kindle, but I'm looking to upgrade again and I'm wondering which way to jump.

I'd like whatever I get to be water proof/resistant but, more importantly, to be easy to use with Calibre, with good support for collections, series, and so on, and preferably without constantly trying to advertise to me (which is the biggest reason I want to dump my current Kindle...)

Any suggestions?
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 06:31 AM   #2
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Okay - I found the "Which one should I buy" thread so this isn't needed. How do I delete this one?
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2023, 07:21 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Any Kobo that's supported by Kobo
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

And even the ancient Mini is better supported than most non-Kobos by Calibre. Some say it can use Kobo Glo FW update.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 12:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Any Kobo that's supported by Kobo
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

And even the ancient Mini is better supported than most non-Kobos by Calibre. Some say it can use Kobo Glo FW update.
Or manufacturers.
Kobo does not seem to be continually building a higher garden wall with every update. No need to jailbreak for normal use.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote