Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
How to mark as already on device?

How or is it possible to mark a book as already being on the device WITHOUT sending it?

I got a new Kindle which also got populated with my Kindle purchases; Calibre also has the books in its library. Calibre will still see that some books as not being in the device as Calibre doesn't know that the device already has the books.

Is there a way for me to 'mark' each book with the 'tick' to indicate that the book is already on the device & isn't needed to be sent? This may be a problem only for me as I stupidly did a mass delete of the AZW3 files after seeing a post on 'how to do it'.

If not possible to 'sync' manually by indicators, then I'll just wait until I want to reread a book on the Kindle instead of a tablet. No biggy but nice to have.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
ondevice: true in the search box (with device connected)
will show just those that Calibre has matched (tick)

Switching to device view will list all books found and those that have a match will be ticked.
a right click (on a unticked book): Match
allows you to link it to the one in the Library. This is a bit tedious as it needs to be 1 by 1

Last edited by theducks; 04-28-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: typo fixed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #3
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
ondevice: true in the search box (with device connected)
will show just those that Calibre has matched (tick)

Switching to device view will list all books found and those that have a match will be ticked.
a right tick (on a unticked book): Match
allows you to link it to the one in the Library. This is a bit tedious as it needs to be 1 by 1
I get tick displays differences but the "a right tick" where? I did try pressing the 'right button' but nothing. Looks like an easy solution but am lost regarding how to do the 'right tick' & where...

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Typo
Right Click
on the place where the tick is MISSING. in the device view (when it should be there) A tick in the device view says the book IS in also the Library.
Once that is done, the Library view should also have the On device tick.
Now you know what needs to be sent.
BTW I would NOT use the ADD to Library option for books that are not there, as they may have been infested with DRM.
Ask at Alf's for further advice or assistance (and keep the MR Mod's happy)
Old 04-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #5
crane3
Guru

A right click just pops up a dialogue for the management of the book. Nothing about setting a tick mark; probably no longer available, not even in the edit metadata part of the dialogue box.

Will go now to check CC to see if it also has a "catalogue" feature as am thinking of doing catalogues for the Calibre as it says the catalogue is done for each type of format, azw3, epub or pdf. Could be interesting for the doing as I do have 'lots' of free space on the pc for my needs
Advert
Old 04-28-2019, 10:26 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
A right click just pops up a dialogue for the management of the book. Nothing about setting a tick mark; probably no longer available, not even in the edit metadata part of the dialogue box.

Will go now to check CC to see if it also has a "catalogue" feature as am thinking of doing catalogues for the Calibre as it says the catalogue is done for each type of format, azw3, epub or pdf. Could be interesting for the doing as I do have 'lots' of free space on the pc for my needs
That is not what I said to look for'

MATCH to Library
The results will be a tic in the Library