Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
xyzzy
xyzzy began at the beginning.

Device: n/a
woe is me

cracked my screen. rendering it not able to render.
anyone gone through the process of repair and know the damage ($wise) and time.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That stinks, xyzzy.

Here's a thread that'll give you some idea what you're in for (not terribly sunny, I'm afraid): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8002
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
Hi xyzzy -
yup i just got mine back after a screen repair (costing €250), it took about 2 weeks, unfortunately the repair was dead on arrival - the new screen was delivered broken ... so i took it out of the box - turned it on - I'm now waiting to send it back again!
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdam
Hi xyzzy -
yup i just got mine back after a screen repair (costing €250), it took about 2 weeks, unfortunately the repair was dead on arrival - the new screen was delivered broken ... so i took it out of the box - turned it on - I'm now waiting to send it back again!
Ouch! This must require a lot of patience.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
I posted it back today (as I have been travelling) fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks or so. I'm looking forward to trying out new features in 2.9 and watching the forum to see if this release sparks more user interest ....
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 AM   #6
Drops
Connoisseur
Drops began at the beginning.

I still wonder why my unit was "damaged beyond repair". It was a broken screen, but the main device was perfectly working (connect via USB possible, keys working, reacting normally).

Someone posted in another thread that Irex was short of replacement screens and therefore it took them so long to repair his unit.

Right now I am trying to get an technical expert and a lawyer to look at this case, if we can prove that it was really a misinformation I will sue Irex and will consider to file charges against them.
Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
xyzzy
xyzzy began at the beginning.

Device: n/a
not so woeful

It was an expensive but painless experience. if there is a silver lining the new screen is noticeably lighter.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #8
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drops
I still wonder why my unit was "damaged beyond repair". It was a broken screen, but the main device was perfectly working (connect via USB possible, keys working, reacting normally).

Someone posted in another thread that Irex was short of replacement screens and therefore it took them so long to repair his unit.

Right now I am trying to get an technical expert and a lawyer to look at this case, if we can prove that it was really a misinformation I will sue Irex and will consider to file charges against them.
Man, hang on to your wallet if you find a lawyer willing to take a case to recover $700.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:27 AM   #9
Drops
Connoisseur
Drops began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
Man, hang on to your wallet if you find a lawyer willing to take a case to recover $700.
No problem, and if it can be proven filing a criminal complaint is free anyways.
Drops is offline   Reply With Quote