Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
Problems compiling

I had a fair amount of trouble building from source. The issues were simple (and obvious in retrospect) but they need to be mentioned.

Included in the Sigil archive are the source for two libraries, tidyLib and ZipArchive. If you just follow the instructions on the wiki, your make will fail when it tries to link these libraries. Each must be built separately using the same instructions as the wiki tells you for the main program, but they do not have a "make install" target. You must hand copy the created libraries (libtidyLib.a and libZipArchive.a) to /usr/lib. I tried sending them to /usr/local/lib, but it didn't help. Last, build Sigil according to the instructions and it should build fine.

I'm not reall happy about having to put them in the main library directory (I'd have preferred /usr/local) but this seems to work.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I have responded on the wiki.

Quote:
I am sorry unkilbeeg, but you are wrong on this. Building with CMake from the top source directory (as specified in the instructions) will build tidyLib and ZipArchive automatically. It will place the libraries in the /lib subdirectory in the build folder, and will not pollute your system.

Everything is linked to correctly.

Your problem is that you are using the path to <topfolder>/src/Sigil in the cmake call, instead of just <topfolder>.
Quote:
I'll change the line from "/path/to/source/folder" to "/path/to/extracted/folder". There should be no possible confusion with this second version.
While I believe the instructions were perfectly clear before, I have changed the word "source" to the word "extracted". There shouldn't be any ambiguity left.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert