Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
How to launch a full scan

Good evening!!

I'm trying to create a script to rescan the documents folder while the kindle is connected with usbnetworking.

I've tried almost everything:

com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1
com.lab126.scanner

using the debug mode, I found this:

Code:
120206:103558 scan[1389]: I lipc:evts:name=fullScanStart, origin=com.lab126.scanner:Event sent
could it be used to launch a full scan? How?

Thanks a lot!
Best regards

Last edited by silver18; 02-07-2012 at 03:53 AM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I found the right shell command:

Code:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.scanner doFullScan 1
Could anyone test just to be double sure?

Thanks!
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
I found that command earlier. It indeed says something into logs, but... If you intend it to enable "Update Your Kindle" menu then it doesn't help - menu still stays gray.

Maybe it works for documents, I didn't test it.

BTW, why don't you test it yourself?
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
silver18
THE NOOB

It was intended to update the documents list while sending documents through wifi with ssh.
I didn't test it with mp3, btw!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Lunch? Yum!
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
silver18
THE NOOB

Lol, I edited the title! It was late here (2am)!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
silver18
THE NOOB

Anyone knows how to open lipc files (daemon, get-prop, hash-prop, probe, send-event, set-prop, wait-event) in order to analyze them?
Thanks!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #8
scottwallacesh
scottwallacesh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I'm trying to create a script to rescan the documents folder while the kindle is connected with usbnetworking.
dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1
scottwallacesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
silver18
THE NOOB

Finally I resolved with this:

Code:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.scanner doFullScan 1
Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Lunch? Yum!
I have had to request site mods to rename my threads. Typos in the initial thread title are exasperating (embarrassing, but you can do nothing to fix it but ask a mod to fix it for you).

In this case, I requested that a site moderator fix your thread title (by clicking the "microphone" icon on the first post). I hope that was not too presumptuous of me.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-06-2012 at 12:05 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
silver18
THE NOOB

I agree, not being able to edit the title isn't fun!!!
Thanks a lot!