Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #1036
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhtien1408 View Post
I've installed every step as your instruction va put KUAL 1.0 azw2 into document but my Kindle DXG (fw 3.2.1 jailbroken) did not show the KUAL 1.0 on the list. How to solve this? Thanks a lot!
Can you run any other "Active Documents" on that DXF ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #1037
hhtien1408
Enthusiast
hhtien1408 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
KPV: a PDF reader for Kindle, based on muPDF, GPLv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Can you run any other "Active Documents" on that DXF ?

Thanks a lot. I've solved the problem by KUAL instruction for DXG with very old fw as follows:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...&postcount=354

Last edited by hhtien1408; 04-09-2016 at 10:23 PM.
hhtien1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2016, 03:56 AM   #1038
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I've solved the problem by KUAL instruction for DXG with very old fw as follows:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...&postcount=354
Ah, right!
Sorry, I had forgotten about that one.
At least I was headed in the correct direction.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:14 AM   #1039
hhtien1408
Enthusiast
hhtien1408 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
How to use dictionary on KPV on Kindle DXG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhtien1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #1040
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
How to use dictionary on KPV on Kindle DXG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you use it on other devices?
What are you doing differently on the DXG that might make it work differently?
What things have you tried and with what results?
On what format books or documents?

= = = = =

Would you please disable the advertisement line in your posts here?
Advert
Old 05-30-2016, 04:59 AM   #1041
fralik
fralik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Hi!

I have a Kindle 3 Wi-Fi (running 3.4.2 firmware) and trying to get KPV on it. As I understood, I should use legacy KPV instead of newer KOReader. So I have jailbrake, Launchapd, KUAL and KVP (build nightly-20130708 from Jul 8, 2013).

In Kual I have the KPDF entry, but the problem is that whatever item I choose (start in documents or open the last document), the result is the same: nothing really happens. The Kindle seems to be busy with something a bit and then I am back in stock selection of files.

If I press SHIFT-P-D, then I see ^[P D] at the bottom of the screen, then a message "Success!", but nothing more.

I also installed KOReader and have an entry for it in KUAL, but this gives me the same results: nothing is launching.

Any suggestions on how I can get it to work? Thanks!
fralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:07 AM   #1042
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fralik View Post
- - - -
Any suggestions on how I can get it to work? Thanks!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198742
Old 05-30-2016, 05:16 AM   #1043
fralik

Thanks! This worked. Just for the record, found this in KindlePdfViewer crash.log:
Code:
./koreader-base: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by libs/libtesseract.so.3)
./koreader-base: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by libs/libtesseract.so.3)
Old 05-30-2016, 08:49 AM   #1044
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fralik View Post
- - - -
Just for the record, found this in KindlePdfViewer crash.log:
Code:
./koreader-base: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by libs/libtesseract.so.3)
./koreader-base: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by libs/libtesseract.so.3)
Was that from trying to run Librerator or from something else that you tried to run prior to installing Librerator?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #1045
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I managed to instal jailbreak and launchpad, but I haven't been able to set up kindlepdfviewer on the dx. I slipped with the shift-shift-i and get the search bar with shift-shift-space and shift-p-d. I have coordination problems so it's hard to type these, and they're obviously intended for people who can type with two hands.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:38 PM   #1046
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Can't remember if someone ever ported the KPV launchpad script to KUAL. If not, it should be fairly trivial.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #1047
fralik

Quote:
Was that from trying to run Librerator or from something else that you tried to run prior to installing Librerator?
This was prior Librerator. The message about libraries was in the log file of KindlePdfViewer (which I tried to start-up through Kual).
Old 05-30-2017, 06:18 AM   #1048
emcintosh
emcintosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3.4.2
I had a similar problem to Fralik - jailbroken Kindle Keyboard on firmware 3.4.2, launching KindlePDFViever gives 'Success!' message then returns me to native menu. I looked in the crash.log file and found that reader.lua wasn't being found, even though it was clearly present in the same directory as the launching script.

Changing the line in kpdf.sh to give the path explicitly (mnt/us/…) didn't work. I could get the script to find (and fail to execute, obviously) other files, but reader.lua remained invisible.

I tried the latest stable (2013.1) build, latest nightly (93, 7/7/13) and the previous stable (2012.11) but none worked. I noticed that the last two nightlies were labelled 'deprecated' and therefore tried the one before them (85, 14/5/13). This worked.

I put this post here in case anyone else has 'reader.lua not found' problems - Google turns up three copies of a question about this (after someone used the devs' fix to issue 814 on Github), but no solutions.
emcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:45 AM   #1049
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcintosh View Post
- - - -
I looked in the crash.log file and found that reader.lua wasn't being found, even though it was clearly present in the same directory as the launching script.
- - - -
Your "Windows-Think" is showing.

These Kindles do not run Windows, they run a version of Unix (Linux in this case).

Only Windows (automatically, as part of its default search algorithm,) expects resources to be in the same directory as the executable.

Having either the current directory or the directory of the executable included in the search algorithm by default is considered a security fault.
Although *nix binaries can be created at build time that will do that as part of the default searches.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #1050
emcintosh
emcintosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3.4.2
Quote:
Your "Windows-Think" is showing.

These Kindles do not run Windows, they run a version of Unix (Linux in this case).

Only Windows (automatically, as part of its default search algorithm,) expects resources to be in the same directory as the executable.

Having either the current directory or the directory of the executable included in the search algorithm by default is considered a security fault.
Although *nix binaries can be created at build time that will do that as part of the default searches.
In kpdf.sh (which happens to be located in /mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer/):
Line 08: cd /mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer/
Line 25: ./reader.lua "$1" 2> crash.log

Alternative line 25 I had tried: /mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer/reader.lua "$1" 2> crash.log

My comment about 'in the same directory' wasn't that the script would necessarily look there, it was that I could see that the file WAS there, where the script was meant to look, even though the script didn't seem to be seeing it.

I still don't really understand why the version of KPV I have now works and the others didn't, but I can offer people hope that at least one available version solves the issue I had.
emcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote