Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
just got the last samsung E65

Price was heavely discounted due to the fact that these ereaders along with the samsung E60 are no longer made.

first impressions this is a lovely reader white plastic surround, no sharp edges and very comfortable to hold far better than my sony 505.

takes epubs and compatible with calibre. looks a bit like a kindle 3 in that it has a keyboard at the bottom at the moment i am listening to bob marleys exodos on earphones and its great has a shuffel function as well as fast forward, rewind, next song and so on, no graffic equalizer but that does not matter the sound is fab even the small speakers on rear of device are decent not great for music but good enough for an audio book.

has a rudimentary touch screen with supplied pen no swipe function when reading to turn pages but the buttons to turn pages are in nice locations.
pages turn faster than my sony 505 but thats to be expected, screen is very clear comes with a nice dictionary function. also can scribble notes using the pen, can sync with outlook which to me is a great function as i have my iphone synced with outlook.

there is something called EmoLink for sharing files with other devices, wi-fi is available for on-line purchases only i think, not sure if it has email functionality certainly hope so as this device is a christmas presant for the wife and it would be handy for me to mail books from calibre direct to this device.

there is a removeable battery looks like a moblie type one, have read a charge wont last as long as a sony or kindle hopefully can pick a better one up from ebay.

no cover supplied but saw one in store that looks about the right size. no mains charger but thinking a 5V mobile one should be ok will search my box of old chargers to see what fits.

I could do a full review with pics but am thinking whats the point as these are no longer available.
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Where did you buy it?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
currys or pc world are selling them for £99
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
So is WH Smiths.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote