Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
stevethemusicman
stevethemusicman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily reader
Hello From Monmouth County NJ

Hi All,

I just joined this forum and want to take a moment to say hello to everyone. I just received a Sony Daily Reader and am looking forward to using it for all my reading. I did a lot of investigation on which reader to get (price wise as well as features) and I thought the Sony was the best choice for me.

I'm disabled but I have a lot of hobbies. One of them is music writing and recording. Thus I have a lot of manuals (PDF) that do not come anymore in hard copy. I already tried the Sonar hard disk recording manual and it is great. I still will utilize the manual on my computer when I need it but when I'm away from the computer and want to read up on a section it is perfect for the reader. Another hobbie is Astronomy. There are a lot of manuals that I use on a regular basis and when I'm outside doing star or solar photography it is a blessing to have the manual that won't have the pages flying all over the place.

I already have an extensive library of novels too. I just downloaded Calibre and am in the middle of adding all my books.

So I'm looking forward to learning from this forum and hope to be able to add to it as well.

Thanks,

Steve
stevethemusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Steve and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over two years and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
stevethemusicman

Originally I was going to get the 600 but for the extra money I felt it was worth while. I get points from the Amazon charge card and I saved enough to be able to only pay $100.00 out of my own pocket for the upgrade. I like the idea of a bigger screen and though I don't think I'll use the wifi now I have a feeling that in the future I'll be using it a lot.
Steve
Old 05-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Welcome to MobileRead, Steve.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Steve and welcome to MR. Looks like you already have a handle on the forum. Please feel free to ask questions. Lots of helpful people who will try and help.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR, Steve!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Steve. Hope you get to love your reader as much as other pals here love theirs. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Steve, and Click image for larger version

Name:	home.gif
Views:	299
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	51687 to the forum.

Whereabouts in Monmouth County do you hail from, if I may ask?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
stevethemusicman

Whereabouts in Monmouth County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Hello Steve, and Attachment 51687 to the forum.

Whereabouts in Monmouth County do you hail from, if I may ask?
I live in a town called Hazlet and my home is about 3 minutes from exit 117a of the parkway. I take it you are from NJ as well right?

Steve
Old 05-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemusicman View Post
I live in a town called Hazlet and my home is about 3 minutes from exit 117a of the parkway. I take it you are from NJ as well right?

Steve

Middlesex County, exit 120 if I remember correctly (it's been a looong time), highway 35, just north of Keyport. Sister's family lives in Brick.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Ha the Garden State. Home of the mighty Kevin Smith.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #12
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
stevethemusicman

and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Ha the Garden State. Home of the mighty Kevin Smith.
And of Janet Evanovitch, Mary Higgens Clark, Danny DeVito, Bruce Springstein, Count Basis and of course the mighty Steve Lewis. Oops, that's me.

Steve