Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of the three toilet doors?
The right one 9 20.93%
The middle one 4 9.30%
The left one 17 39.53%
I don't care 11 25.58%
I'd take a dump in the urinal 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Toilet behaviour

Hi all,

I'm wondering something. Imagine yourself in the following situation:
  • You need to go to the toilet (to "warm the royal throne")
  • You're in some kind of public place (restaurant, hotel, café, ...)
  • There are three toilet booths (is "booth" the right word for this; three doors with a toilet behind them is what I mean)
  • Each of the three toilets is as clean as the others.
  • The booths have solid walls, i.e. you can't see the shoes of the one next to you.
  • None of the booths are occupied or have been occupied during the past half hour.

Now: which one are you most likely to choose?

Note: this is not some kind of riddle or joke; I'm just curious which door will win. That way one could know which toilet is the cleanest of the three.

EDIT: I added the pic to describe the situation.

T = toilet (in reality they have the same width)
WB = washing basin
Window = Window
Entry = Entrance
Urinals = Urinals (only for men's toilets)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toilets.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	34999  

Last edited by AlfonsVH; 08-27-2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: details added
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The Blue one next to the fish.

Did I win?

No actually the one that's... that's the fartest from the room's door.

Did I win?

OK, I give up. What's the proper answer?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The left one... Closest to the window!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:16 AM   #4
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
No actually the one that's... that's the fartest from the room's door.
Ok I'll add the room door in the description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
The left one... Closest to the window!
I removed the first; imagine that there are no windows in the booths, only one window in the room on the right side. (see new pic)

Last edited by AlfonsVH; 08-27-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:21 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
If you're waiting for poll results to help you choose a clean toilet, you're likely to let go in your pants. Just sayin'.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #6
AlfonsVH
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
If you're waiting for poll results to help you choose a clean toilet, you're likely to let go in your pants. Just sayin'.

Seriously though, I really wonder if there will be a significant trend towards one or another booth. I think that the middle one gets used less for some reason.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It would depend on how the booths are made. Are they made out of solid walls or those "removable" ones. Can you look from one booth to the other (or, can you see the shoes of the occupant of the booth next to you?)

Oh, and was there just another occupant in one of them?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #8
AlfonsVH
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It would depend on how the booths are made. Are they made out of solid walls or those "removable" ones. Can you look from one booth to the other (or, can you see the shoes of the occupant of the booth next to you?)

Oh, and was there just another occupant in one of them?
Added details in the original post.

Solid walls, no occupants for the past half hour.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I always go for the one furthest from the door - so the noise disturbs as few people as possible.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
arit
Cybook Warrior
arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia E65, HTC Universal, Cybook G3
middle one, because I think that is the least used one. But if all three are really identical, from usage, cleanliness and condition, I'd say left one because I like solid walls
arit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #11
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
None! I avoid like stink (pardon pun) taking a dump in public toilets.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
None! I avoid like stink (pardon pun) taking a dump in public toilets.
Ah, that's what that phrase means...

None would be my answer too then.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post

Seriously though, I really wonder if there will be a significant trend towards one or another booth. I think that the middle one gets used less for some reason.
With this group there's always a trend.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Somehow I knew it would come to this. Do you really want me to express my opinion?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Sorry VR, there are no fire hydrants in the poll.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote