Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #61
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have my old Kindle Keyboard, which I have a soft spot for as it was my first ereader. It works well enough now, but I wanted a backlit device. After reading reviews, I went for the Kobo Glo, which is a real pleasure to use.

Besides those two dedicated readers, I have a couple of tablets and a phablet. The tablets are used for reading PDFs until some kind manufacturer manages to release an ereader that can manipulate them as well as Android does.

An ereader with at least a 9" lit e-ink (or something equally as good) screen that can flick through PDF documents quickly, will reflow the text, allow notes and can pinch to zoom properly is the holy grail for me. The key word is speed!

Last edited by leaston; 11-06-2014 at 09:20 AM.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #62
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I just like collecting readers, OK ? -

So shoot me .......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #63
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
What do you do with your multiple ereaders?
I think I answered this previously, but to recap:

Kindle Keyboard 1 - My main reader. I love it. I prefer how Kindle does collections (for series) better than Nook, so tend to have all my my series collections on here.

Kindle 6" (buttons, former basic model) - my takealong reader. Fits in my purse easier; if it breaks, I'm only out $50.

Kindle Keyboard 2 - (inherited) Holds all my literary magazines (i.e. Asimov, Ellery Queen, etc). Also, now shared with family members for Kindle Unlimited books they want to read.

Kindle HDX - Anything whispersynced. I take it with me sometimes due to poor lighting at some waiting rooms, but it is heavy and prone to problems with glare. Would have sent it back but it is fabulous for whispersynced books and TTS (My vision is a real problem).

Nook Glo - My latest purchase. Book club and library go on here. Eventually, it will become my main take-along reader because of lighting issues in waiting rooms. I do not like how it does collections, so mostly standalone books on here. It is SUPER light and just needs me to make a sleeve to protect it from scratches in my purse.

Nook HD+ - My pdf reader. Perfect for craft and cookbooks. Also good for bed reading when ill or injured because Moonreader+ can be set to scrolling. Too heavy for average reading IMHO.

If I were to divest myself of any readers at this time, it would be the 6" and 2nd keyboard kindle.

Last edited by Tarana; 11-14-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #64
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Three ereaders

1. Kindle HDX - Love the large screen. My preferred reader. Downside: large and heavy.
2. Kindle paperwhite - syncs with the HDX. More portable. Love the backlight for reading in the dark. A close second to the HDX.
3. Sony PRS-350 - Smallest form factor. Use while traveling because it takes up the least amount of space. Downside: I have to convert the document I want to read into EPub first.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #65
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I got my first ereader - a Nook Simple Touch - as a gift. I found I wanted to read books available cheaper at Kindle for the lower price and didn't want to have to bother with stripping DRM, so I got a cheap Kindle. But then I wanted the backlit ones so I upgraded both.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #66
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have gotten every iteration of the Kindle-currently, I am reading on a PW2, just gave away a PW1, and have a Kindle keyboard sitting on the bookcase. PW is my main reading device. Kindle Fire HD is my husband's main reading device. For magazines, I prefer the Ipad Air and for movies I prefer my Kindle HDX. I don't know why I have my Samsung Galaxy Tab, except that it is still going strong, but the resolution is no longer acceptable.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #67
kenmac999
kenmac999 began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader running on Android phone(s), Chromebook, Kindle Fire 7
I started with Palm's M500 running eReader app and then migrated to Pam Centro when it died. I got the NST w/Glo for father's day around 2010 and got a second one a little over a year later when it's touchscreen stopped reacting to touch. I recently got an Galaxy Tab 4 android table and loaded both Nook for Android, Pageturner, Coolreader, and FBreader so that I can switch between different books on it.

I find I still use my Palm Centro for News feeds from Calibre and the occasional book, NST w/Glo when charging the Tab 4.
kenmac999 is offline   Reply With Quote