Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #16
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Ok - I figured it out. post content modified on Amazon's request

Thanks to all for your detailed instructions.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #17
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinothjaguva View Post
Please post the kindlefix.py and kindlepid.py python scripts
See Mobipocket books on Kindle.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinothjaguva View Post
Hi

Please post the kindlefix.py and kindlepid.py python scripts

Thanks in Advance
Please see the following thread. It has a link to get the Python scripts.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17239
Old 06-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #19
fiosar
fiosar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
kindlefix problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Ok - I figured it out. Need to run kindlefix from the directory where the book is located, not just add the path name to the book

Thanks to all for your detailed instructions.
I can't figure out the running of kindlefix.py.

Can someone (LEEP?) help me get the detailed instructions.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #20
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

post content modified on Amazon's request
Old 06-26-2008, 04:01 AM   #21
fiosar

Old 06-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
Leep
Guru

That's a bit of a strange name. Why don't you try renaming the original file leaving out the -mobi part and try that. Else your problem is way beyond me. Think you might need someone experienced in python scripts to help. Sorry that's I'm just a struggler myself.

Cheers
Old 06-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiosar View Post
Does Kindlefix need the PID? I thought it just fliped a bit in the book. If you run kindlefix without any arguments does it return with the correct usable parameters?

BOb
Old 06-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #24
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The file prc.py should be next to kindlefix.py.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #25
fiosar

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
The file prc.py should be next to kindlefix.py.
That's it! I had, in fact, only placed the kindlepid.py and kindlefix.py files to C:\Python25\Tools\Scripts and NOT the prc.py file as well.
After correcting this I have now been able to convert to .azw just fine.

I am now looking for a way to modify the title, if possible on a Mac...

I am really grateful, Igor, for this remarkable work.
I bought my 400$ Kindle from Amazon and had it delivered to a legal address that I have in the US. I am using my Kindle in Central Africa, and I thought that I would be able to download content via my computer. However, I can't even purchase Kindle books from Amazon, because of "geographical restrictions" (which, you notice, they did not apply when I purchased the Kindle...).
Anyway, you have solved my problem and I can now enjoy a good read, even by the light of my kerosene lamp in the middle of the jungle, (thanks also to the good battery of the Kindle...).

Thanks again to all.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am now looking for a way to modify the title, if possible on a Mac...
find the mobiperl package. Included in a mobi2mobi script that allows you to edit the mobi file's metadata, such as Title.

BOb
Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #27
fiosar

Thanks Bob, I have been looking at info on downloading and installing mobi2mobi on my Mac, but I have not yet found anything that I can get my head around.

Do you (or anybody) have any pointers or suggestions for us simple users?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks Bob, I have been looking at info on downloading and installing mobi2mobi on my Mac, but I have not yet found anything that I can get my head around.

I haven't used it on my Mac yet... but from my understanding it is a perl script.. and I'm pretty sure perl is preinstalled on OS X (I've only had my Mac for less than two weeks no.). But, assuming perl is in the path, you should be able to run the script from the command line. I think there are some docs that come with it. Perhaps when I get home (to my Mac) I'll give it a go.

BOb
Old 06-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #29
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Ok... the mobiperl web site has step by step directions to getting the mobiperl stuf working on a Mac. I have leopard 10.5.3 so perl 5.8.8 is already on it. So, you have to install the CPAN modules and should be good to go. The URL with this info is here:

https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/mobiperl/wiki

BOb
Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #30
loisanborn
loisanborn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
New related question: I successfully ran the Igor scripts on my home computer. Can I use the same kindlePID on my work computer without actually running kindlepid.py and getting a different PID than the one I already have at home?
Closed Thread