Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #316
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Any speculation about what this one covers? By the title I'm guessing Daav and Kamele repercussions. The snippets that have been posted are frustratingly anonymous.

Yesterday's Blog without a Name states its almost 101k words:
Quote:
Still writing here. Dragon in Exile currently stands at 100,716 words, and will require a few words more to reach the Thrilling Conclusion. I had hoped that we would finish the Penultimate Draft by this coming Sunday, let it sit for two days, and then go through it with the red pen and tidy up, producing thereby the Ultimate Draft in plenty of time for its turn-in date of September 15.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #317
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I don't think anything has been said about what's covered. Though we can guess from the title that it's about Clan Korval.

All I'm sure of is that I want the eARC. Now, please.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #318
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NOT Liaden, but the Audible book for Carousel Sun is now available.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #319
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
A clue!

Quote:
“What,” he asked, staring at the screens, “is that?”
“Looks like a cruise ship to me,” second board said, which he might have known she would do.
“Yes, he said patiently, “but what is it doing in orbit around Surebleak?”
“Maybe they need ice.”
Assuming that is a Diamond lines cruise ship, we have a connection to Theo.

And for those on pins and needles:
Quote:
The penultimate draft of Dragon in Exile stands at 121,562 words
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #320
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
If a new book is coming, you all know what this means!

A complete re-read of the series will be required (again)!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #321
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Thanks for that info. I've got some credits to burn there.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #322
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
If a new book is coming, you all know what this means!

A complete re-read of the series will be required (again)!
Oh, dear. And WHAT order shall we choose for the re-read?!

And should it include the shorter works? Or only novel length?

And, finally, should we start a thread to discuss as we go?

(decisions, decisions, decisions. Life used to be so simple.)
Old 09-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #323
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

I think that I'll perhaps do the re-read in chronological order, starting with Crystal Soldier. Actually, I'll probably do a re-listen of the audiobooks as a change-of-pace because I haven't listened to them in a while. I just re-read the short stories relatively recently, so I'll probably skip those.

(What I really need to do is a re-read of the Honor Harrington series, because I can't remember if I'm 2, 3, or 4 books behind in that one.
Don't know if my eyes are ready for that yet. )
Old 09-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #324
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
I'm planning a reread starting with Conflict of Honors - need a refresh on Shan, and then going to Agent of Change. Although I do love the beginning of Agent of Change - such a great opening line.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #325
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So which post in this thread contains the definitive chronological order and can that please be updated with this new book? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #326
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Dragon in Exile implies Korval's move to Surebleak. If so, will it chronologically follow I Dare or Dragon Ship?
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:17 AM   #327
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
The order I read it all in. * is a novel.

Dragon Tide
Necessary Evils
* Crystal Soldier
* Crystal Dragon
Eleutherios
Where the Goddess Sends
A Spell for the Lost
The Wine of Memory
* Balance of Trade
* Trade Secret
Naratha's Shadow
The Space at Tinsori Light
Sweet Waters
Phoenix
Pilot of Korval
A Choice of Weapons
The Beggar King
* Local Custom
* Scout's Progress
* Mouse and Dragon
Guaranteed Delivery
Veil of the Dancer
Heirloom
Intelligent Design
A Matter of Dreams
Moonphase
* Conflict of Honors
Fighting Chance
To Cut an Edge
Shadow Partner
A Day at the Races
Certain Symmetry
This House
Changeling
* Fledgling
Landed Alien
* Agent of Change
* Carpe Diem
Quiet Knives
* I Dare
Daughter of Dragons
Persistence
* Saltation
* Plan B
Breath's Duty
Misfits
* Ghost Ship
Moon on the Hills
Hidden Resources
Kin Ties
Prodigal Son
* Necessity's Child
* Dragon Ship
Skyblaze
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:34 AM   #328
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So which post in this thread contains the definitive chronological order and can that please be updated with this new book? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Dragon in Exile implies Korval's move to Surebleak. If so, will it chronologically follow I Dare or Dragon Ship?
We don't actually know where the new book fits, though there is rampant speculation. bizzybody has posted a chronological list, within the limitations that some things can't be accurately placed with certainty.

For re-read purposes, I think I'm going to do the novels only, and in chronological order. For initial read purposes, I recommend published order. Which can be viewed at Korval.com.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #329
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Some of the short stories take place simultaneously with parts of some of the novels, and some parts of some of the novels overlap in time.

Currently reading: "Children of the Lens" by Edward Elmer Smith, Ph.D.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #330
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Carousel Sun Audiobook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sharon Lee is giving away 10 copies of the Audible version of Carousel Sun. See her blog for details on how to win one of the codes. Too late for me, I just finished it and loved it.