Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Do you dream of me?

It's dark and dreary here; and nearly as dark in my bedroom as it would be if it was night time. Given that and the time of year, I overslept. But, as usually happens to me if I wake up and then go back to sleep, I dreamed.

In this case...Harry T was backing a Buick out of a garage, and ran over my shoes.
He also had a beagle puppy that barked, but acted like a kitten. (Pshrynk, I don't want to hear it!)

Anybody else ever have MR dreams?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quick - give this woman $300 for an appointment with pshrynk!

I have to ask - how did you know it was HarryT in the Buick?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Not yet, but I will if it makes you feel better!

Hmm... let's put Shel in scuba gear, and make Chris a shark, and perhaps pb could be there inside a shark cage, wearing only heels and a tutu....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir

'sigh.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
HarryT is pretty obvious.
How did you know it was a Buick?

My husband and I have this conversation all of the time driving about. I'll say "Oh that looks like ______________ in the red pickup!" He replies "No, no, ___________ drives a Dodge quad cab with an entirely different trim package." (talking to me as if I were an idiot) I pretty much only know people by the color of their car and if it's a car, van or truck. I don't think I'm any better at recognizing vehicle make & model in my dreams either!

To answer the original question... I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes, but I don't remember my dreams. I usually don't want to! A good night's sleep is dreamless to me! I'll try harder recall the next one, if I have one!

My husband was exhausted this morning from having a dream where he was working all night long moving boxes!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I would often dream of pooh roasted with garlic and rosemary.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I would often dream of pooh roasted with garlic and rosemary.
My worst nightmare!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Quick - give this woman $300 for an appointment with pshrynk!

I have to ask - how did you know it was HarryT in the Buick?
I don't know, it's one of those things in dreams that you "just know".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
HarryT is pretty obvious.
How did you know it was a Buick?

My husband and I have this conversation all of the time driving about. I'll say "Oh that looks like ______________ in the red pickup!" He replies "No, no, ___________ drives a Dodge quad cab with an entirely different trim package." (talking to me as if I were an idiot) I pretty much only know people by the color of their car and if it's a car, van or truck. I don't think I'm any better at recognizing vehicle make & model in my dreams either!

To answer the original question... I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes, but I don't remember my dreams. I usually don't want to! A good night's sleep is dreamless to me! I'll try harder recall the next one, if I have one!

My husband was exhausted this morning from having a dream where he was working all night long moving boxes!
LOL!! I owned one. They have a pretty distinctive looking front grille.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
LOL!! I owned one. They have a pretty distinctive looking front grille.
I wouldn't know!

I guess that's why I like my new used car, it's more distinctive than most and easier to find in a parking lot. My husband's car just blends in with the sea of other cars. When I was driving his car (before I got this one), first, I had to remember that I was driving HIS car, instead of looking for my van. Second, I would wander through parking lots trying to spot it his camo car (4 door green Hyundai).

My apologies for the topic drift.
Back to dreams and nightmares of the MobileRead kind!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 11-22-2010 at 12:10 AM.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
In this case...Harry T was backing a Buick out of a garage, and ran over my shoes.
Ouch! Were your feet in the shoes?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Ouch! Were your feet in the shoes?
You know, oddly enough, Chris asked me the same question. No, my feet were not in the shoes, but for some unknown reason, my good black "skater" shoes (sneakers?) were lying in the middle of the garage entry. HarryT backed over them.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
probably on purpose!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
My worst nightmare!
Oh the things I would baste your backside in.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
happy_terd
Banned

(Bah that last post sounded a lot cruder than how I meant it to sound)

Old 11-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I've not had any yet, but there are few avatars I'd like to have some dreams about

With my luck I'd have one about me and H_T building a go cart while parachuting over the Andes in scuba gear.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote