Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #22501
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
The celebrations of the last Queen's Day/first King's Day are over, at least in the city. The neighbouring students, however, are continuing the party. I hope that by the time I go to bed it'll be over.

In truth, the last couple of their parties weren't so bad, it's the after party, when they're cleaning up (I assume) when the music is turned up and the drunk shouting begins when it gets bad. This can last until 4 to 6am. Not fun when you have to get up at 8am the next morning!

Keeping my finger crossed for a quiet night
When we had a student house next door I found this too. It would be relatively quiet while the party was going on (muffled sound of music, but not too bad), and then the part would finish, and the doors would be opened, while the music was still on. Suddenly we have no-so-muffled music, and loud voices (since there'll all temporarily deaf at this point) outside the windows.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #22502
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
When we had a student house next door I found this too. It would be relatively quiet while the party was going on (muffled sound of music, but not too bad), and then the part would finish, and the doors would be opened, while the music was still on. Suddenly we have no-so-muffled music, and loud voices (since there'll all temporarily deaf at this point) outside the windows.
We live in the inner city amidst cafés and restaurants. We're lucky that we are able to sleep at the back of the house, where it's usually quiet. Last night went well, by the time I went to bed there was no music and I just heard a soft murmur of them talking. Then, however, came the cleaning crew outside with their loud broom/vacuum carts and leaf blowers (to blow the light trash into the road).

In comparison with the past there are only few parties that bother me (my bedroom is next to their "party room"). Usually there are parties on New Year's Eve and on Queen's Day, then there is a party at the end of the university year and a couple of parties in between. It would bother me less if they told us when they have a party, have no after party and don't have parties on Friday nights (I have to work on Saturdays).

We live in the inner city and we're used to a lot, but sometimes it's just too much. Many people say that we shouldn't have decided to live in the inner city, however, my family lived in the house/had our shop in this building for over a 100 years, well before 95% of the cafés and restaurants were here and well before it became socially acceptable for the cafés not to take into account the people who live around their establishment.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #22503
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

He left out; '... that confuses and upsets those who know nothing.'

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 05-02-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #22504
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I am glad to see that something is finally happening...

good to see you my friend!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #22505
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Good to see you Stitchawl.

No rant today - it's just too nice outside to be annoyed about anything. Even after the morning I've had...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #22506
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
So what happened this morning Orlok?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:44 AM   #22507
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
So what happened this morning Orlok?
Just the usual mad rush to get the kids to school on my own (can't find sports kit, can't find school top, can I iron 5 items?, make all three lunch packs, run one daughter to station, run one to school, clear up two piles of cat vomit, empty cat litter tray, feed cats, respond to work emails and wife's texts during all this, try to prepare for a 10am conference call I am hosting). And all before my working day starts .
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #22508
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Oh yes, been there
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #22509
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Just the usual mad rush to get the kids to school on my own (can't find sports kit, can't find school top, can I iron 5 items?, make all three lunch packs, run one daughter to station, run one to school, clear up two piles of cat vomit, empty cat litter tray, feed cats, respond to work emails and wife's texts during all this, try to prepare for a 10am conference call I am hosting). And all before my working day starts .
Zoom zoom!

Lol. The cat always vomits at the most convenient times.

If it's hairballs for your cat then I'd suggest some Tonic-Lax. I give my cat a little bit every other day and it's reduced vomiting incidents to almost nill.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #22510
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #22511
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Zoom zoom!

Lol. The cat always vomits at the most convenient times.

If it's hairballs for your cat then I'd suggest some Tonic-Lax. I give my cat a little bit every other day and it's reduced vomiting incidents to almost nill.
Not hairballs - she ate a thin ribbon that was tied to a helium balloon. She has a real thing for ribbons...
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #22512
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Ahh, a ribbon ball then!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #22513
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Not hairballs - she ate a thin ribbon that was tied to a helium balloon. She has a real thing for ribbons...
Be careful ... my Sammy cat loves ribbons, strings, etc. -- a couple of years ago she ate a cassette tape - the surgery to remove it put a serious dent in my bank account.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #22514
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Ouch! (for Sammy cat and your bank account) A cassette tape? That is a new one for me.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:53 AM   #22515
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Be careful ... my Sammy cat loves ribbons, strings, etc. -- a couple of years ago she ate a cassette tape - the surgery to remove it put a serious dent in my bank account.
Not good. Wasn't it covered by insurance? Brick might have more difficulty with CDs these days (), no cassettes in sight in our house any more. And we do hide the ribbons normally, but she managed to sneak into our dining room, which is normally closed off, and get at the balloon from my daughter's recent Birthday celebrations.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness