Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
meandher57
Enthusiast
meandher57 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
KOBO Wifi STILL not playing nice with SD card

I posted many months ago that I was having issues with my Kobo locking up when adding epubs to an SD card.
Last week I thought I would try it again. Reformatted my Sandisk 4 gig SD card and inserted it.
Dragged and dropped one book onto the card, and everything seemed to work fine. Added a couple more, and my Kobo froze as soon as it was 'safely disconnected'. Of course a reset brings everything back up fine... but I don't know whether it's an issue with my SD card... or the Kobo.... or the epubs.

Anyone experienced anything similar and have a solution or suggestion?

I stopped using Calibre to sideload because it takes forever to update the metadata. Unless they have finally fixed that little bug as well.
meandher57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
When I had this problem it was because somehow a book was not formatted properly for Kobo. After I deleted this book or books the problem stopped. Some threads here have posts about using software from google to correct problem books. I have not tried this yet. My problem books was a google epub and a google PDF now long gone.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I am also having issues. A brand new formatted and empty micro sdhc is causing freezes and slow performance in my new kobo touch. Everything works fine when the card is not inserted.
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Post Kobo Touch and Micro SD Cards

I believe there have been recent software changes in the last update,software version 2.31(r45611,12/7/12 regarding SD micro cards,since i am now getting a message "sd card not recognized etc".
I use an 8 gig Sandisk micro SDHC that worked great until i got this message from my Kobo,so i formated the SD card Fat32 and now the PC will not recognize it anymore,meaning it does not appear in widows explorer.
Nice features of the Kobo include the large book capacity,so I'm not overly concerned with the SD card problems.I was never sorry I bought the Kobo Touch btw.Althou it took some time to get used to.
On another track I've read about many users of SD cards of various models having issues with SD cards unrelated to E-book readers.

There is a hotfix offered by Microsoft regarding sd cards.
"Some Secure Digital (SD) cards do not work correctly on Windows XP-based computers."http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946629
This problem occurs because a defect in Windows XP prevents the native SD driver from being initialized correctly.

Have a Great Day
KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Lightbulb Problems with my SD reader not working

Here is a link i came across that might help some peeps with SD Card problems

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...5-16400d652596

Will post back if it works for me

Hope this helps

KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Thane1
Connoisseur
Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Try using the SD tool

I can't help with the Kobo issues, however if you are having issues formatting an SD card, forget about using the format tools included with your OS, download and install SD Formatter from the SD Association site. They are the people that write the standards of how SD cards function:
Link:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
sdcard.org formatter use full overwrite formatting because that is only way that works for me.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote