Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Post Military Diorama - Short Science Fiction - Free

Hi All,

Because of the wonderful, friendly and welcoming atmosphere of this forum, I have released my second free story - a short story this time that can be thought of as a prelude for Turing Evolved - the full story I released a few days ago.

Both are available for free download on Smashwords.

Military Diorama: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35490

Synopsis:
San Meng is a simple man. A retired veteran who works the mines to provide for his family and takes each day one at a time. So why does he continue to have dreams of a non-existent enemy threatening his family that are whispered into his mind by a him that never existed? A chilling short-story that looks at mankind’s tendency to dehumanize even what it makes as human.

It's primarily military science fiction, but there's an element of horror to this one.

If you enjoy this, it gives an insight into the world of Turing Evolved and there is actually continuity of the characters for those who want to know what happened after the ending.

You can also find my other story here:
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DavidKitson
and
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34627

I hope you enjoy this one and I welcome feedback and reviews for both.

Thankyou and Regards
David Kitson.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I already read the book "Turing Evolved" and then the short story (in that order). I got engaged with the book and read it in one long weekend (I'm not a native English speaker so maybe the time is not representative). And yes, expect a twist that even M. Night Shyamalan would say "what a twist!"

In any case, the narrative is imaginative and fluid and I can only recommend the book and the short story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
Hi All,

Because of the wonderful, friendly and welcoming atmosphere of this forum, I have released my second free story - a short story this time that can be thought of as a prelude for Turing Evolved - the full story I released a few days ago.

Both are available for free download on Smashwords.

Military Diorama: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35490

Synopsis:
San Meng is a simple man. A retired veteran who works the mines to provide for his family and takes each day one at a time. So why does he continue to have dreams of a non-existent enemy threatening his family that are whispered into his mind by a him that never existed? A chilling short-story that looks at mankind’s tendency to dehumanize even what it makes as human.

It's primarily military science fiction, but there's an element of horror to this one.

If you enjoy this, it gives an insight into the world of Turing Evolved and there is actually continuity of the characters for those who want to know what happened after the ending.

You can also find my other story here:
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DavidKitson
and
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34627

I hope you enjoy this one and I welcome feedback and reviews for both.

Thankyou and Regards
David Kitson.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Thankyou Falcao,

I really appreciate your comments and am glad you enjoyed the twist. To date, none of the readers has seen it coming either and I had to tread a fine line between not giving it away while making it obvious once it occurs.

It makes it really hard to describe the novel though because the twist is so prominent in the plot. I really enjoy hearing back from people who liked that though, so really am thankful for your feedback.

( The twist is in Turing Evolved, BTW, not in Military Diorama - For other readers. ).

Thankyou again for taking the time to read both stories
David.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artificial-intelligence, free, horror, science-fiction, war