Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
NancyKR
NancyKR began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Can't download books

So I successfully installed the Sony Reader software but when I try to download a book it tells me that I need the software and should download it. Help?
NancyKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Are you trying to download a book from the Sony website? You can only purchase books through their software. There is an explanation at this link on what the steps are.
http://ebookstore.sony.com/howitworks/

EDIT: Do you have a Sony ereader, or do you want to read Sony books on your Nook? The process will be different.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 11-29-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
If you want to read Sony books on a Sony ereader, then follow the link in my other post.

If you want to read Sony books on your Nook, then you skip the step in the Sony website explanation to authorize your ereader with the Sony Reader Store. You just want to register your computer only with the Sony Store. You want to download Adobe Digital Editions software and authorize your Nook with that. You want to make sure that the Sony Store and the Adobe Digital Editions software are both linked to the same Adobe Account ID. Here is a link to a page which explains the process step-by-step. It is a little outdated. The Sony Store now downloads your EPUB files into a folder called \Documents\My Books\Reader Library.
http://ireaderreview.com/2009/12/13/...ebook-support/

Here is a link to a similar thread in the Nook forum that you might want to jump to if you are a Nook user.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=108200
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote