Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
tovarish
Enthusiast
tovarish began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro2
Sony PRS 505 vs iRex 2nd Edition

I am in the market to buy a reader and have narrowed down to these two. The iRex in theory has a bigger screen and more gray level so could be better for reading but I have a 505 on borrow and it looks great for reading except for mangas where I think the resolution is not high enough for reading a full page.

What do you guys suggest.

tovarish
tovarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
What do you expect to be reading the most - if you need technical PDFs, for instance, then you're going to be saving up for the iRex. If you just want to read normal fiction, then the Sony should be fine, although there are a number of people reading mangas on them, so may search the forum & see if there any any tips to help with viewing them on a 505.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
tovarish
Enthusiast
tovarish began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro2
I wont be reading any technical documents. Fiction and Comics are consume most of my reading desires.
I have managed to copy comics (mangas) to the 505 i have on borrow using calibre so that is no problem but I would like to know if people have experienced reading comics with both of them and compared the two.
The irex would be an easy buy (i dont care about the price difference) with all its features but I am not sure if the hardware and software experience is good enough (slow, buggy, prone to resets etc.)
tovarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Here are a few links to check, some of which have a number of samples suitable for the 505 just in case there are different results from different tools.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote