Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Color of the reader and readability ?

Hi,

I would like to know if the color or material of the reader may affect readabilty ? I am not talking about the screen, but about the color of the device, as some are available in several colors. For exemple may red color be hard to the eyes, or black too "contrasty", or silver too shiny ?
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I own black, white, and grey devices. The colour of the screen surround certainly seems to make no difference to the screen, to me at least.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi sébastien, i think you'll get a lot of different answers to your question. personally i always prefer dark coloured cases because i think it makes the screen appear lighter, through an optical illusion. you can see a demonstration of that effect here :

the squares A and B are the same colour :

demonstration :

(of course, other people may argue instead that a light colour case will make the text appear darker. )

i think it's mostly a question of personal preference. i have experience with black and red cases and neither one of them is distracting to me at all, in fact i don't notice them at all while i'm reading (even the red one !).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
not that I noticed

I have a grey ereader and a purple one. I don't notice the color of the reader when I am reading. I think most will agree that the color is not distracting, whatever that color maybe.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote