Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Contacting Fictionwise

Apologies if I've chosen the wrong forum for this.

Might anyone here know how to contact Fictionwise? I've been sending in requests for customer service for weeks now, with no response. I purchased several magazine subscriptions, and they've started them with the wrong issue (and counted that against my total). I keep trying to contact them, but their support pages are decidedly lacking.

Any suggestions?

Would contacting Barnes & Noble do any good, since they now own Fictionwise?
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You could try through their Yahoo group, or email Scott (one of the guys B&N bought the company from, who still runs it) scott @ fictionwise.com. It seems they're having a lot of CS problems lately.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-04-2009 at 03:56 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Fictionwise, Inc

346 Main St Ste A, Chatham, NJ 07928-2137

Contact Phone: (973) 701-6770
URL (web address): www.fictionwise.com
Business Category: Electronic Book Retailer in Chatham, NJ
Industry (SIC): Catalog and Mail-Order Houses
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I've had good luck going through their Help page, in the Contact Customer Support section: http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=support. I almost always get a prompt answer.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
If they're busy it may take a little while to get a response, but I think the longest I've had to wait is 3 days. The direct email address for their support is support@fictionwise.com if that helps.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Thank you all! I'll try the support email first, but I'll pester the higher-ups if there's no response. I'd been using the contact form found on their support page, but they seem to be ignoring that. Also, they only have about half a dozen categories, none of which fit this issue. I'm not having a problem with my reader, and I don't want to make a suggestion. They don't have options for actual customer support.
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
I agree with Susan and Renaldo, they always answered very quickly to email support requests (2-3 business days)
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
bigblock
bigblock began at the beginning.

Hi,

trying to contact them could be very annoying.

I bought some books with the "No fooling 50% Micropay rebate" promotion on March 31 but i didn't receive any Micropay rebate. I sent them an email, after 7 days i got a response which i replied. Since April 6 no answer to this reply !

As a first time customer i'm really annoyed about this non existing customer care.

Hope that you will have more success.

Uwe
bigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'm still waiting on a reply to my last inquiry (via the web site, so I know it was received). Now at over two weeks. It isn't a large amount, but the principle of the thing - they advertise a 5% early rebate bonus for monday sales and I didn't get it. No reply on why (or even having the bonus just show up in my account would be fine). I'm just glad I didn't try for any of the sales the next week, when even the 100% rebate items were showing no rebates most of Monday and into early Tuesday morning.

All inquiries via the web form about ANY promotion have ALWAYS been answered about one or two days AFTER the promotion ended. I have NEVER received any reply to the direct support email address, even when replying back to one of their responses (that's maybe 4 or 5 times over the last six months or so). I just assume that email address goes directly to a spam folder (or at this point, a fired employee).

Maybe contacting Scott directly is a solution (but no doubt would not remain one for long, if we all started doing that).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try the phone number in Jon's post. I know that if I can ever actually make personal contact with a CS person by phone, it always works out better. Or maybe it's just the accent that gets things done?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
i'm still waiting a reply to my queries, they seem to have forgotten customer service since they were absorbed into BN
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If my message went unanswered after 4 business days, I'd call and try to get an answer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If my message went unanswered after 4 business days, I'd call and try to get an answer.

you may, i cannot ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
you may, i cannot ....
I don't blame you, as that might be a pretty hefty cost!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote