Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #361
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Just finished the audiobook version of "The Undead Situation." Why can't the guys write characters as good as Cyrus V. (the V stands for Vainglorious) Sinclair (though DiLouie is pretty good).
Fav character in any book! Thumbs up!
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #362
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Holy bodies-lying-in-a-spreading-of-pool-of-blood but Jonathan Maberry's been busy. Just got Dust and Decay, the sequel to Rot and Ruin and Amazon has a load of pre-orders up as well: Dead of Night: A zombie novel due Oct 25; Assassin's Code: A Joe Ledger Novel due April 2012.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #363
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This just in: "His Joe Ledger series has been optioned for TV by Sony Pictures."
Hmm...Hugh Jackman or Eric Bana as Joe Ledger, Christopher Walken as Mr. Church, Keira Knightley as Grace.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #364
VestaVayne
VestaVayne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well, I went through a number of pages, though not all, so I'm not sure if either of these were mentioned.

I just started "Handling the Undead" by Jogn Lindqvist. I enjoyed "Let the Right One In" so I'm hoping this is just as good.

I read the first book in the Hollowland series a couple weeks ago. A little too teen-angsty and young for me, but I thought Hockings' zombie descriptions were pretty good. Totally different caliber than Lindqvist, obviously, but a fun and quick read.

PS - I just found this forum, and it makes me happy to see so many zombie lovers!
VestaVayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #365
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Geez. Almost two months without an update? Time to re-infect this thread!

Just pre-ordered Jonathan Maberry's "Dead of Night" "A prison doctor injects a condemned serial killer with a formula designed to keep his consciousness awake while his body rots in the grave. But all drugs have unforeseen side-effects. Before he could be buried, the killer wakes up. Hungry. Infected. Contagious. This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang…but a bite. "

Also downloaded LZR-1143: Infection by Bryan James. "Mike McKnight was an action movie star, condemned to a lifetime of incarceration in a psychiatric prison for the murder of someone he loves.

At least until the zombies showed up.

From his cell in the asylum, he is suddenly thrust into a nightmare of unbelievable proportions when the dead rise, and rapidly become a horrific plague on the world of the living. In a landscape littered with post-apocalyptic terrors, Mike and a handful of survivors battle humans and zombies alike, fleeing headlong through danger and despair.
From Long Island to the suburbs to the mountainous countryside, Mike fights to stay alive, recover his memories, and retrieve a cure to the most threatening plague the world has ever known.

And Reign of the Dead. Reign of the Dead- Revised Updated and Reloaded Book 1 A strange virus causes the recently dead to rise with an insatiable desire to eat the living. The epidemic is worldwide and quickly rises to catastrophic proportions as civilization collapses under the burden of a horror unmatched in human history. The survivors at a rescue center must work together to find a way to make it through the waking nightmare, but time is running out and there's more to worry about than the reanimated corpses filling the streets and parking lots of our cities.. Reign of the Dead is an apocalyptic tale survival and heroics in the face of mankind's greatest challenge. I could feel the passion in Len Barnhart's Reign of the Dead. I encourage everyone to go find it." -Max Brooks, World War Z "Reign of the Dead is not just another mindless gore-fest. Barnhart does deliver plenty of graphic and gruesome violence, but these choice scenes are well-placed throughout and are tinged with an underlying thread of conspiracy and madness. The tightly woven storyline pits the survivors in a desperate struggle against an infestation of undead adversaries, as well as their fellow man." - Dark Realms Magazine. "A solid character driven story with gut wrenching, 3-D zombies. A quick read that will have readers salivating for more...a true page turner." -Leonard Lies aka Machete Zombie, Dawn of the Dead.
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #366
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Into the Badlands by Brian J. Jarrett-its a cross between The Road and 28 Days Later. its much more emotionally charged than most survival horror novels (ie more depressing) but theres some good stuff that you dont see touched on very often in zombie literature and theres a scene thats probably one of the most pitiful and saddest things i've ever read.

i gave kudos to the author in my review for including child characters that aren't useless, weeping baggage, something you dont see very often in horror novels.

Last edited by xg4bx; 10-22-2011 at 05:01 PM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #367
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
And Reign of the Dead.
I loved that one. I picked it up a couple years ago and couldn't put it down.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #368
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I loved Patient Zero by Maberry and I have some others by him in my reading mountain.

I'm really interested in Into The Badlands too.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #369
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Zombies worth over $5 billion to economy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45079546.../#.Tq6iubKwX7g
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #370
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I loved Cronin's The Passage. Yes, the creatures are definitely more like vampires than zombies, at least the Twelve.. but in general it is basically a zombie apocalypse book, and very gripping with good characters. I can't wait for the rest of the series to come out. definitely one of my favorite apocalyptic books, and I've read a ton in the past year or so.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #371
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Not a recommendation since I haven't read it, but I like the title.

Z=mc2: Time-Travelin' Zombies vs. the Garden State by Kelly Jameson
http://www.amazon.com/mc2-Time-Trave.../dp/B005HAS38Y
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #372
mcrow24
Connoisseur
mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle,Augen "The book", Nook
Quote:
Geez. Almost two months without an update? Time to re-infect this thread!

Just pre-ordered Jonathan Maberry's "Dead of Night" "A prison doctor injects a condemned serial killer with a formula designed to keep his consciousness awake while his body rots in the grave. But all drugs have unforeseen side-effects. Before he could be buried, the killer wakes up. Hungry. Infected. Contagious. This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang…but a bite. "

Also downloaded LZR-1143: Infection by Bryan James. "Mike McKnight was an action movie star, condemned to a lifetime of incarceration in a psychiatric prison for the murder of someone he loves.

At least until the zombies showed up.

From his cell in the asylum, he is suddenly thrust into a nightmare of unbelievable proportions when the dead rise, and rapidly become a horrific plague on the world of the living. In a landscape littered with post-apocalyptic terrors, Mike and a handful of survivors battle humans and zombies alike, fleeing headlong through danger and despair.
From Long Island to the suburbs to the mountainous countryside, Mike fights to stay alive, recover his memories, and retrieve a cure to the most threatening plague the world has ever known.

And Reign of the Dead. Reign of the Dead- Revised Updated and Reloaded Book 1 A strange virus causes the recently dead to rise with an insatiable desire to eat the living. The epidemic is worldwide and quickly rises to catastrophic proportions as civilization collapses under the burden of a horror unmatched in human history. The survivors at a rescue center must work together to find a way to make it through the waking nightmare, but time is running out and there's more to worry about than the reanimated corpses filling the streets and parking lots of our cities.. Reign of the Dead is an apocalyptic tale survival and heroics in the face of mankind's greatest challenge. I could feel the passion in Len Barnhart's Reign of the Dead. I encourage everyone to go find it." -Max Brooks, World War Z "Reign of the Dead is not just another mindless gore-fest. Barnhart does deliver plenty of graphic and gruesome violence, but these choice scenes are well-placed throughout and are tinged with an underlying thread of conspiracy and madness. The tightly woven storyline pits the survivors in a desperate struggle against an infestation of undead adversaries, as well as their fellow man." - Dark Realms Magazine. "A solid character driven story with gut wrenching, 3-D zombies. A quick read that will have readers salivating for more...a true page turner." -Leonard Lies aka Machete Zombie, Dawn of the Dead.
I'm currently reading LZR-1143, and it's very good so far.
mcrow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #373
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Not a recommendation since I haven't read it, but I like the title.

Z=mc2: Time-Travelin' Zombies vs. the Garden State by Kelly Jameson
http://www.amazon.com/mc2-Time-Trave.../dp/B005HAS38Y

I'm thinking of buying this. Has anyone read it?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #374
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I downloaded Into the Badlands and can't wait to read it.

I love zombies!
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #375
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Dead Again by George Magnum. its 99 cents on amazon. its a special forces vs zombies story but very "video gamey" and cornball to the point of near-satire. (the muslim team member lays out his prayer rug and looks to mecca....in a speeding blackhawk helicopter. i bleep thou not). if you want something "so bad its good" check it out.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote