Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #5881
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Here's a better picture.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435886667.735472.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	139948
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #5882
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Something tells me that this movie is not going to be respectful to the character or super heroines in general.

I don't know. We'll see. Gal Godot looks a bit on the thin side to be playing an Amazonian Warrior, but as for the clothing, I'm glad they decided to go more Xena than Lynda Carter.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #5883
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I don't know. We'll see. Gal Godot looks a bit on the thin side to be playing an Amazonian Warrior, but as for the clothing, I'm glad they decided to go more Xena than Lynda Carter.
<sigh>. Why can't they find a Gina Torres-like female to play WW?? Granted, Gina's past the age. But there are others that are genuinely built (muscle, I mean, not boobs); I realize that all the male actors are the size of Hobbits, but still....(excluding the dude who plays Thor--thank god for him! I nearly puked when I saw TOM CRUISE playing REACHER, for the love of heaven)...

{MORE SIGHING....}

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:11 AM   #5884
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It seems like they are going with the same subdued color scheme that they did with Superman in "Man Of Steel." This isn't unusual, I've noticed that they also gone with a more subdued...and simpler...costume design in the animated version of Wonder Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
<sigh>. Why can't they find a Gina Torres-like female to play WW?? Granted, Gina's past the age. But there are others that are genuinely built (muscle, I mean, not boobs); I realize that all the male actors are the size of Hobbits, but still....(excluding the dude who plays Thor--thank god for him! I nearly puked when I saw TOM CRUISE playing REACHER, for the love of heaven)...

{MORE SIGHING....}

Hitch
It could be that it takes so long to get a movie made that the actor/actress you would choose might not be available when it comes time to make the actual movie. As an example: When I first read about the movie Speed Racer, Johnny Depp was on the list to play Speed when he was young enough to play the role. I know that a Wonder Woman movie has been in the work for a long time (I just checked Wikipedia and the woman chosen to play Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) had not yet been born when the Wonder Woman movie was first proposed).

When it comes to comic-book-based movies, I usually hold judgment until I actually see the movie to just how the actor/actress performs despite how far he/she might be from the way the character is in the comic. An example of this is Michael Keaton. Back when it was first announced that he was going to play Batman people thought he was a bad choice, yet he proved himself in the role despite not being what people expected. In the same way, despite looking physically right for the role Ryan Reynolds didn't work for me as Hal Jordan in Green Lantern (he might have worked as Kyle Rayner).

And now for a change of topic:

The Compact Cassette (commonly called the cassette) was originally intended for dictation use. Due to this it was not suited for music since it had a relatively slow tape speed (1 7/8 inches per second) and narrow tape (1/4 inch). However, the development in better tape formulations (like metal tape) and technology (such as Dolby Noise Reduction) made cassettes capable of moderately good reproduction of music.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #5885
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #5886
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oooo! Eerie!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #5887
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
There's been a great deal of interest in voice-controlled computing. But could it be more trouble that it is worth? The following shows the potential downside:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:51 PM   #5888
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just noticed that Youtube got rid of the Music tab they were touting only a few months ago.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:27 AM   #5889
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

And speaking of Youtube, Google has recently announced that it is decoupling G+ from the comment system!

Of course since the forced integration accounted for so many G+ accounts, it's a pretty big nail in the floundering Social Media service's coffin.

Last edited by Dylrob; 07-31-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #5890
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
And speaking of Youtube, Google has recently announced that it is decoupling G+ from the comment system!

Of course since the forced integration accounted for so many G+ accounts, it's a pretty big nail in the floundering Social Media service's coffin.
and y'know, that's a damned shame. I really INFINITELY prefer G+ to any other social media service. At least you can segregate your content by interests, focal points, you name it. It's not like Facebook, and endless micro-bloggarhea of stuff you have ZERO interest in. Google+ is dramatically better for interests and business, and it had scads of groups for people who just want to gab, or talk about lunch, or what-have-you. I'm really, really sorry if it goes away.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:41 PM   #5891
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
and y'know, that's a damned shame. I really INFINITELY prefer G+ to any other social media service. At least you can segregate your content by interests, focal points, you name it. It's not like Facebook, and endless micro-bloggarhea of stuff you have ZERO interest in. Google+ is dramatically better for interests and business, and it had scads of groups for people who just want to gab, or talk about lunch, or what-have-you. I'm really, really sorry if it goes away.

Hitch
Well the problem is that Google tried to force the service down people's throats, rather than letting it stand on its own merits. This created a lot of ill will.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #5892
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Can someone please tell my new toaster oven that fingers do not need to be cooked? Thanks in advance. I will be glad when I finally get used to it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:09 AM   #5893
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Old 08-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #5894
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Last edited by Dylrob; 09-01-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #5895
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Oops... fixed.

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness