Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Silicone "case" for Kindle

Not available yet, but they are testing the waters, I think:
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-...0475231&sr=8-4

"Available" in clear, pink or black. It appears to cover the "forward" and "prev" bars with a little cut-out for the scroll wheel, the keyboard and the screen.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The better half saw the word "pink" and I was ordered to get one on order....Amazon sent a email with a probable ship date

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSo View Post
Not available yet, but they are testing the waters, I think:
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-...0475231&sr=8-4

"Available" in clear, pink or black. It appears to cover the "forward" and "prev" bars with a little cut-out for the scroll wheel, the keyboard and the screen.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Looks interesting! Let us know what it's like, when it arrives.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
Drevil123
Drevil123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey I was looking at the new silicone case from Kroo and the black one seems to be blocking the scroll bar. There is another one that has an opening and it also comes with a stand for your Kindle. Expected ship date is 5-20. Here's the linky

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Silico...0712892&sr=8-2
Drevil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I preordered the blue and will let you know how well it works.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I pre-ordered the pink one. I have some taste, somewhere, I assure you....
Old 05-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
I want a green one. Guess I need to wait for the Kroo to be available.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

funny, looks that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevil123 View Post
Hey I was looking at the new silicone case from Kroo and the black one seems to be blocking the scroll bar. There is another one that has an opening and it also comes with a stand for your Kindle. Expected ship date is 5-20. Here's the linky

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Silico...0712892&sr=8-2
Old 05-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Covering the large buttons isn't supposed to be a problem. My ipod cover covers the scroll wheel, but you just touch through it. That's the pleasure of the soft stretchy silicone.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My blue silicon cover has already been shipped! However, it's been sent via the US Post Office from the third party seller. That means that even though I have a tracking number it won't show any information until after it's delivered since most of the time the bar code isn't scanned until my excellent postal carrier scans the delivery confirmation label when she leaves it at my house.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I want a green one. Guess I need to wait for the Kroo to be available.
I'd prefer green but blue is a close second. The pink reminded me too much of Pepto Bismol.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #12
MoSo
Crankier than average

Quote:
I'd prefer green but blue is a close second. The pink reminded me too much of Pepto Bismol.
The pink assures me that the spouse will NEVER mistake mine for his.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:09 AM   #13
Ervserver
Wizard

The pink has yet to ship

Quote:
My blue silicon cover has already been shipped! However, it's been sent via the US Post Office from the third party seller. That means that even though I have a tracking number it won't show any information until after it's delivered since most of the time the bar code isn't scanned until my excellent postal carrier scans the delivery confirmation label when she leaves it at my house.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #14
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
I'm interested if this case alleviates the accidentally-pushing-the-buttons problem. Using the default Kindle case I don't have any trouble not pushing the buttons, but holding the Kindle without the case is awkward. But this one is such a close-fitting sleeve that I wonder if it will help with that at all.
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #15
Ervserver
Wizard

Our pink skin shipped today