Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
nerdbook
nerdbook began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
error - cannot send files to device or vice versa

Can somebody please help me to resolve this situation? I have downloaded the latest Calibre version. It recognises my "device", which is a Kobo Touch. However, no matter what I do, it will not "send" the files to the "device". Here's the details of the error:
(2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 551, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1710, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 256, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 986, in _sanity_check
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 177, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 134, in _windows_space
error: (2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Thank you in advance for your help!
S.
nerdbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Reset your device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As Kovid said, you might need to do a factory reset. But before that, run a scandisk/chkdsk on the devices drive. The error is probably because of errors in the file system in the drive. The scandisk might fix them. If it doesn't you will need to do a factory reset of the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #4
Mikf
Mikf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle kb, Kobo
Kobo and Calibre

Have had similar problems where Calibre cannot transfer files to a Kobo Touch, though intermittent in my case, all mentioning the diskfreespace error It does seem the device is very sensitive to the USB cable used; my problems were worst when using the rather long and thin cable from a Kindle (just poor quality or some sort of sabotage?). Using a much shorter and thicker cable seemed to solve the problem for me. I also switched from a usb3 to usb2 port. Either should work in theory but real life sometimes doesn't know this! Suggest trying different cables and use a port connected directly to the motherboard rather than one of those diverted to the case front if you are using a desktop PC as these can also cause problems for some devices. Hope this helps.
Mikf is offline   Reply With Quote